Wednesday, September 15, 2021

2021 Fall Trip - Day 23 - 9/15/2021

Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2021 - Day Two of my Big Hikes in the Tetons (18.30 miles in 8 hours 10 minutes):

It was cold when I started today:
BEAUTIFUL Day out here in Wyoming!
I wanted to avoid the Jenny Lake/Hidden Falls/Inspiration Point crowds, so I went to the parking area for "String Lake Trailhead", up on the north side of Jenny Lake. On the trail by 9:30 AM:
It's wonderful coming up on Jenny Lake:
Hey, I think I have just found a new trail to share with Wendy!!

I took a side-trail for a little while - VERY PRETTY, but I did lose some time:
Back on The Trail - 6.8 miles up to Lake Solitude:
It was great going up Cascade Canyon:
Cascade Canyon is a popular place to hike. Because it is pretty level, and the trail is in good condition, people of just about all skill levels can enjoy it. As you get higher on The Trail, it thins out; but it turns out that Lake Solitude, and even the pass over Paintbrush Divide, is a (relatively) popular destination (which is ok - it's a beautiful day, and we're all getting healthy). I kept going up, and reached Lake Solitude at 1:30
I made my way around to the north side, and had my sandwich:
Wow - what a day!! This is my 3rd time up Cascade Canyon, and I'm glad I could finally make it all the way up here.

So - I had a "9 miles/2 PM" turnaround-limit. After lunch, I still had 20 minutes to go, so I headed up the trail to Paintbrush Divide:
At 2 PM (and 9 miles hiking), I stopped and took photos:
And then headed back down:
People setting up a campsite:
Continuing back down Cascade Canyon:
Down by the river, we saw a bear:
I didn't like the trail I had played with this morning, so I continued to Inspiration Point:
Then back down on the trail, seeing beauty on my way back to my car:
Finished at 5:40 PM - Wonderful Hiking Day!

Home for dinner at 7. Thank you GOD for these GREAT 2 DAYS of "Big Hikes in the Tetons", and for getting me up-and-down safe and sound!

Music for today:

various - More Of The Most Romantic Jazz Music In The Universe, 2005


various - I Heard It On NPR: Jazz For Blue Nights, 2003


various - I'm Your Fan: The Songs Of Leonard Cohen, 1991


various - Just Dance, 2009

A girl on the trail said "I like your music."

various - Land Of 1000 Dances, 1999

A guy on the trail said "I like your tunes."

various - Love Train • The Sound Of Philadelphia (4 cds), 2008


various - Latin Groove, 2002


various - Atlantic Rhythm & Blues 1947-1974 Disc 2 and Disc 5, 1991


No comments:

Post a Comment