Monday, September 13, 2021

2021 Fall Trip - Day 21 - 9/13/2021

Monday, Sept. 13, 2021 - A good, long driving-day today - down through Montana, and the Beartooth Highway, and Yellowstone National Park (361 miles in 8 hours):

On the road nice and early:
Gas/Bank/Grocery/Post Office in Red Lodge, and then up onto the Beartooth Highway:
This is the 3rd or 4th time I've been on it, and like the Icefields Parkway, it just doesn't get old:
There were workers rebuilding the road - Watch Your Step, Jessie Bear!
There was a turn-out with a nice view of Index Peak and Pilot Peak (Moran painting):
There was a guy taking pictures of the foliage, and I thought "Hey, that sounds like a good idea.":
I stopped at Clarks Fork Trailhead to stretch my legs, do a little hike, and see a beautiful section of the Broadwater River:
And then I headed into Yellowstone:
OK - I've been through Yellowstone several times (and have even gotten "The Scott Tour"), so there is NO REASON TO STOP AND TAKE PICTURES. I have places to go, and people to see.

Good luck with that:
I love seeing the Tetons in profile:
And I got to Awesome Friends just in time for dinner:
Thank you GOD for a beautiful driving-day, and for getting me down-the-road safe and sound!

Music for today:

various - The Most Relaxing Jazz Piano Music In The Universe (2 cds), 2005


Brad Mehldau - Introducing Brad Mehldau, 1995


Bright Eyes/Neva Dinova - One Jug Of Wine, Two Vessels, 2004


Broken Bells - Broken Bells, 2010 debut album


Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else, 1958


various - Concerts for the People of Kampuchea, recorded 1979, released 1981

really pretty cool double live album - yet to be released on cd.

Counting Crows - Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings, 2008

not a very good album, except "Washington Square", WHICH I LOVE!!

Cream - The Very Best Of Cream, 1995 compilation album


Crosby & Nash - The Best Of Crosby & Nash - The ABC Years, 2002 compilation album


Steve Winwood - Arc Of A Diver, 1980


No comments:

Post a Comment