Saturday, September 4, 2021

2021 Fall Trip - Day 12 - 9/4/2021

Saturday, Sept. 4, 2021 - Up into CANADA!!!

Ok Ok Ok - so I've taken screenshots of my arriveCAN receipt, my COVID test result, and my Parks Canada Passes and Permits/Discovery Pass (because the plastic card is home in a pile of papers).

It was a nice morning driving through northwest Montana, and along the Lake Koocanusa Scenic Byway:
I reached Customs in Roosville at 11:30
I only had the one big RV in front of me, which did take about 15-20 minutes. Then I rolled-up, gave the guy my passport and vaccination card. He pulled me up on his computer and said Yes, here you are in the system. I showed him my phone screenshot of my COVID test result (NEGATIVE), AND HE WAS HAPPY! He asked me a couple of other questions (firearms? 10,000 dollars in Canadian or US currency?), and waved me on through!!!
I'M IN - I'll worry about getting back out in another 8 days.

Some pretty views:
And they have litter barrels at every single pull-out, so I'm not riding around with junk in my car:

After Radium Hot Springs, I entered Kootenay National Park. I showed the nice Ranger the screenshots for my Discovery Pass, and she said Don't worry, just print it out and put it on your dashboard - EXCELLENT! I am not in the mood for a big hike up to Stanley Glacier, so let's see what "roadside attractions" I come across.
My first stop was the Floe Lake Trail, which I only followed a little ways through the woods to get down to the Kootenay River:
That was fun, so I went a little farther up the road, to a turn-out called Paint Pots. The Paint Pots Trail first crosses the Kootenay River:
and then you come to a directions-sign:
Well "Paint Pots" is actually sort-of a warm spring where the mud is different colors, used for pottery. I would MUCH RATHER SEE Marble Canyon!! So off to the right I went. It is a great trail, running up along the River:
The Marble Canyon area was a lot of fun:
Well, obviously I came out at the parking area for Marble Canyon, so I just hiked back down the road to my car:
That was a GREAT LITTLE HIKE - 3.74 miles in 1 hour 22 minutes:

Back to driving - over into Banff National Park, then turn back west to get to Revelstoke:
I checked in to Revelstoke at 8:20
But that is PACIFIC TIME, which means I drove 525 miles in 12 hours 55 minutes!

WOW - Thank You GOD for all these Beautiful Adventure Days!

Music for today:

various - African Groove, 2003


various - Afro-Latin Party, 2005


various - Bachelor Pad Pleasures, 1996


various - Beleza Tropical: Brazil Classics 1, 2003


The Foul Dogs - No. 1, 1966

[insert "Foul Dogs/St. Paul's School" story here]

The Rolling Stones - Got Live If You Want It!, 1966 live album


Bob Dylan - Desire, 1976


The Rolling Stones - Through the Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2), 1969

cool octagon cover.

And, because I'm UP IN CANADA:

Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Live At The Fillmore East, recorded 1970, released 2006

I missed seeing Neil at The Boston Tea Party in February 1970. This is the show I would have seen.

Neil Young - Live Rust, live double album, recorded 1978, released 1979


No comments:

Post a Comment