Thursday, September 2, 2021

2021 Fall Trip - Day 10 - 9/2/2021

Thursday, Sept. 2, 2021 - Drive back down to Kalispell - errands and COVID TEST:

First things first - I want to show how easy it is to have a sleeping bag in the Crosstrek:
And this is what the parking lot looked like:
I counted cars from Georgia (1), Massachusetts (2), Mississippi (1), Montana (5) and Tennessee (1)

When I tried to start the car, the battery was dead.

It was 30 degrees at 8:20, so I figure at 7:20 it was even colder. And it is the original battery.

I started walking down to the Lake, hoping that someone down there could give me a jump. A car was coming up, and I told them that I needed a jump, and they said "Oh My Gosh, we just got one from a guy down there!" So I hopped in and they gave me a ride down to the guy, who was almost all packed up. He said Sure, so we turned around to get back up to the Backcountry parking (0.4 miles, so I was thankful for the ride). I told them what I was doing (with my road-trip), and the wife in back said "Don't say anymore - you're living his fantasy and making him jealous!" We all laughed. Turns out they were from Tennessee, so I pointed out the truck from Tennessee, which they were glad to see. A few minutes later the other guy arrived, and gave the Crosstrek a jump - it worked! They went down the road, and I followed (slowly) behind - I just like driving slow on these dirt roads with potholes everywhere.

THANK YOU GOD!

I actually did a spin down by Kintla Lake at 8:08 AM:

I took some nice pictures on my way out:
Is this the same bend-in-the-river I stopped at back in 2013?:
2021:
You decide!

Beautiful Country Up Here - who knows when I'll be back:

Back down in Kalispell, my first stop was Valley Medical Service, where I could keep my engine running while getting the COVID test (Results by Friday 5 PM). My next stop was NAPA Auto Parts, where I bought a NEW BATTERY. A guy right next door put it in, and NAPA gave my $18 for my old battery. And then it was time for lunch:
You see what the Crosstrek looks like, so after lunch I headed to the Blue Cow Car Wash:

It was 2 o'clock, I was bored, so I figured out where to go, and headed back to The Park. Out Route 2 East, way at the bottom of The Park, is a Park-area called Walton, and it looks like there is a nice trail that goes along the river:
Sure is a pretty day for a drive:
I started up the trail at 4:17
Views of mountains, rivers, and the spot where I turned around after an hour:
That was a lovely little adventure - 3.18 miles in 1 hour 19 minutes:

Drove back to Kalispell, with "Glacier in my mirror":
These Western sunsets are pretty cool:

201 miles driving today. Thank You GOD for all these wonderful adventures - fun fitting it all in, especially with a Brand-Clean-Car!

Music for today:

The Plastic Ono Band - Live Peace in Toronto 1969, 1969 live album

Side One is actually 6 pretty-well-done songs (Lennon guitar and vocals, Clapton guitar); I don't even have Side Two because it is 2 songs of Yoko Ono screaming into the mic. If you ever want to know "How Far Off The Rails Can Music Go?", give Side Two a listen (pack the ibuprofen).

Elton John - Madman Across the Water, 1971


The Monkees - Anthology, 2006

My Gosh, NOBODY needs 50 songs by The Monkees!!!! I'm very happy with having their first album, plus their Greatest Hits album.

James Taylor - Mud Slide Slim and the Blue Horizon, 1971 third album

lyrics to "Highway Song":

Back on the highway, yeah, yeah, yeah
Back on the road again
...
'Cause one Saturday night I was laying in bed
And I heard that highway song

the Psychedelic Furs - All of This and Nothing, 1988


the Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request, 1967

It gets bad reviews, but I really like this album.

Paul Simon - Graceland, 1986

It won the 1987 Grammy for Album of the Year.

various - Great Coffee and All That Jazz, 2004 Starbucks album


Joni Mitchell - Shadows and Light, live double album recorded 1979, released 1980

I really like this album for 2 reasons: excellent songs from Joni's mid-1970's period ("Coyote", "Hejira"), and it has BOTH Pat Metheny AND Lyle Mays - that's like Joni singing for The Pat Metheny Group!!!!

lyrics to "Amelia":

I pulled into the Cactus Tree Motel
To shower off the dust
And I slept on strange pillows of my wanderlust

No comments:

Post a Comment