Friday, September 3, 2021

2021 Fall Trip - Day 11 - 9/3/2021

Friday, Sept. 3, 2021 - Day-hike over in the Two Medicine area - and then, because it will be after 5 PM, return via the Going-to-the-Sun Road!!!

So, as this plan was occurring to me yesterday, I looked at what are the hikes in the Two Medicine area? Imagine MY PLEASURE when I found one that goes up to "Scenic Point" - hey, sometimes the decision-making process is PRETTY EASY.

But before I left the Super 8, I checked my Valley Medical Services account - my results were in, and I tested NEGATIVE!! So I completed the arriveCAN app (which is how Canada wants to handle data-processing for visitors), and even took a screenshot of my receipt:
Even though all these little headaches are little, they are still headaches. I'm really relieved, but I still have to get across the Border tomorrow. But that's tomorrow.

Mailed postcards, and Hit The Road, Jack:
When I entered the Two Medicine area, I saw a black spot on the road:
Humm, I wonder what that is?
Well, Hello Mr. Bear!

I went through the Entrance:
and down to the lake (Two Medicine Lake):
As you can see, it is a Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood.

Parked at the Trailhead:
and hit the Trail at 1:46
The Trail goes up at a perfect pace, and you quickly break out of the woods:

I think I see my car down there:

I still have more UP to go:
Looking back after we crossed paths:

It is kind of desolate up here:
Which is how the Big Horn Sheep like it, I guess:

Heading up to the summit
which does not disappoint:

A wonderful hike: 8.01 miles in 3 hours 36 minutes. 2 hours up/1 1/2 hours back down:
and going back down I got to take another picture of a cool tree:

I was driving by 5:20, and 20 minutes later I had looped around enough to get a good photo of the mountain I had climbed:

By 6 PM I was through the East Entrance, and on the Going-to-the-Sun Road:
Ending with the setting sun down on Lake McDonald:
I have driven on a lot of road - on a lot of VERY PRETTY roads - and Going-to-the-Sun Road just might be The Best.

Back to Kalispell - 219 miles driving today. Thank You GOD for all these Beautiful Days! God Bless Us All.

Music for today:

The Persuasions - Street Corner Symphony, 1971


The Rolling Stones - England's Newest Hit Makers, 1964 debut USA album

Hey, these guys are great. They might have a real future in the music business.

The Rolling Stones - 12 x 5, 1964 second USA album


The Rolling Stones - Out Of Our Heads [USA], 1965 fourth USA album

Look at the dates. None of this "Bruce Springsteen 1-album-every-3-years" stuff for these guys!

various - Pure Cool, 2000


Joni Mitchell - Hits, 1996 greatest hits album


Livingston Taylor - Last Alaska Moon, 2010


Jackson Browne - Standing In The Breach, 2014


Jackson Browne - Solo Acoustic, Vol. 1, 2005 live album


Acoustic Jazz Quartet - Acoustic Jazz Quartet, 1999 debut album


No comments:

Post a Comment