Tuesday, September 7, 2021

2021 Fall Trip - Day 15 - 9/7/2021

Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2021 - Some hiking/sight-seeing on my way to Clearwater, British Columbia:

Got and mailed postcards, and was getting on Trans-Canada Hwy 1 at 10:15
Here in Revelstoke, the "Highway Exit" is just a stop-light. I had a hard time when I got here Saturday night, in the dark and rain.

It's great being out here on the Trans-Canada Highway on a beautiful day:
Going around Shuswap Lake in Salmon Arm, Canada:
In Squilax, I left the highway and headed north/northwest on a dirt road:
which overlooks beautiful Adams Lake:
Sometimes taking a picture through the sun-roof just doesn't work:

One of the greenest fields I have ever seen:

After 40 miles of dirt roads, I got blacktop in Louis Creek, Canada:
which is where I drove by (1:45 PM) a beautiful lake, where people were parked for swimming:
At 2:15 I was in Darfield, British Columbia, next to the North Thompson River:
At 3 PM I entered Wells Gray Provincial Park:
My first stop was Dawson Falls. You park at a nice viewing place:
and then walk on a nice trail, to get "up close and personal":
I'm really surprised - there is A LOT OF WATER ROARING THROUGH HERE!

Back to the car, and drove up to Helmcken Falls:

This area is where you start Gattling Gorge Trail (they misspelled the signs):
The 2-mile-plus trail is actually in 3 parts
The 1st part is ALONG THE CLIFF:
The 2nd part goes through the woods (pretty level):
and the 3rd part goes DOWN DOWN DOWN to the Clearwater River:

Pretty Country driving back to Clearwater:

I got to my motel just as it was getting dark. Drove back to the restaurant-on-the-highway and bought a chicken parm dinner-to-go; it was GREAT! - Thank You GOD for all these Beautiful Adventure Days!

Music for today:

various - Acoustic Guitar Highlights, Vol 1 + Vol. 2, 1998




Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Broken Arrow, 1996


Oscar Peterson Trio - Night Train, 1963


Over the Rhine - The Long Surrender, 2011


Patty Larkin - Tango, 1991

When she played in Rockport, Wendy and I were in the Front Row, and requested "Dave's Holiday", which she smiled at, and played.

Phil Collins - 12"Ers, 1987


Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah [EP], 2006


Richie Havens - Cuts To The Chase, 1994


No comments:

Post a Comment