Tuesday, September 14, 2021

2021 Fall Trip - Day 22 - 9/14/2021

Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021 - Day One of my Big Hikes in the Tetons (17.85 miles in 7 hours 29 minutes):

On the road nice and early - that's where I'm going:
Through the parking area at 9:30
I gave Guest Services my name and order #, and they gave me a plastic card and said "Have a Great Day!":
I was heading up the Cirque Trail (the trail up to the tram summit) by 9:45
The final up-hill is a series of switch-backs, with red blazes. I reached the summit area about 11
Without scrambling on the construction equipment (a definite no-no), I couldn't get a really good shot of Teton Valley (to the east); but here's looking back south:
Off to the north (down into Granite Canyon:
And off to the west, where I'll be going:
Wow - not a cloud in the sky!!

From the summit you head south/down on the Rock Springs Loop trail:
which, after a few minutes, gets you to the Rendezvous Mtn Trail, heading towards Marion Lake and Granite Canyon:
Sure is pretty cool here in the backcountry:
I was at "Trail Intersection" a little after noon:
which is where I stopped for lunch, sitting on a log:
Since I didn't have to be home until dinner-at-six, I figured I could get up to Marion Lake; so I headed up the trail (on a part of the "Teton Crest Trail"):
At 1:40 PM, Marion Lake is Beautiful:
Of course I was all alone up here!

I had a choice of 2 canyons to go back down:
OBVIOUSLY I PICKED GRANITE CANYON!!!.

Going back down, I took the fork-to-the-left (I had come up the fork-to-the-right):
The miles passed quickly, and I was down at "More Signs" at 4:30
Wow - 7.2 miles down from Marion Lake in 2 hours 40 minutes!

A nice walk through forest-and-field to get to the Trailhead:
It was a little after 5PM, and I still had to get down to Teton Village, so I disposed of some trash and headed down the road. A few minutes later a guy I had chatted with at the dumpster drove by and asked if I would like a ride back down. I said "Sure, Thank You!" So he stopped and he and his wife had to totally reorganize his back-seat for her to sit in. I said "I guess you were surprised when I said 'Yes'", and they laughed and said "Well, yeah." But it worked out great.

Home for dinner at 6. Excellent water management today! Thank you GOD for a beautiful hiking-day, and for getting me up-and-down safe and sound!

Music for today:

Sting - 57th & 9th, 2016


The Band - Music from Big Pink, 1968 debut album


and then 5 early albums by The Beatles:

Meet The Beatles!, January 1964


Something New, July 1964


Beatles '65, December 1964


The Early Beatles [Capitol Album], March 1965


Beatles VI [Capitol Album], June 1965

There are a lot of ways to listen to early Beatles, because Capitol Records shuffled the tracks from the British albums which 1 - were longer (and more expensive) and 2 - did not include singles. I think I prefer the Capitol mono releases (the song-order is familiar, and the stereo mixes can be kind-of funky).

The Blind Boys Of Alabama - Spirit Of The Century, 2020


The Chambers Brothers - The Time Has Come, 1967


Sting - Ten Summoner's Tales, 1993


No comments:

Post a Comment