Sunday, September 5, 2021

2021 Fall Trip - Day 14 - 9/6/2021

Monday, Sept. 6, 2021 - Hiking at Mount Revelstoke National Park:
Once again, pretty cool only having to drive 37 minutes for today's hiking!

After driving up, I will hike to Miller Lake, Eva Lake, and the Jade Lakes:

On the road up, there were a lot of opportunities to pull-over and appreciate the view:

I hit the trail about 10:30
which has nice views of the mountains:
Cool trail through the woods:
After 4 miles/2 hours, I came to the (first) trail intersection, with Miller Lake off to the right:
5 minutes later I was approaching Miller Lake:
I stopped there - had lunch and took pictures:
I then headed back, and the next stop was Eva Lake:
I headed back to the trail up to the Jade Lakes:
Up to this point, the trail had seemed suprisingly level, with non-aggressive ups-and-downs. But now it started to GO UP:
GOING UP means that there was A GREAT VIEW of Miller Lake:
It was a good hard climb:
with beautiful views:
I reached the ridge-line at 2:05, and looked DOWN and saw Upper Jade Lake:
Hey - NO WAY I'M GOING "DOWN THERE", ONLY TO HAVE TO COME ALL THE WAY BACK UP HERE!!! So what's this over on my left? That's even got a kind-of-a-trail going up it?
So, I headed up this "trail":
and it was a wonderful experience - looking at Mt. Williamson and down into the valley on the left:
I headed back down, with Miller Lake in the distance:

As I was going down, a girl was coming up. I said "Oh, when you get to the top of the ridge ... wait, have you hiked this before?"

She said "Yes, but what were you going to say?"

I said "Well, when you get to the top, THE LAKES ARE INSANELY WAY STRAIGHT DOWN THERE, and there's no way I'm doing that down-and-up. But there is a great trail going up to the left."

and she said "Oh, you figured that one out."

And I did a fist-pump and yelled "Wooo - Just Like A Local!!!!!"

The rest of the way back was highlighted with pretty streams and meadows:

I finished about 5:30 - 12.5 miles in 6 hours 5 minutes:

After I hopped in my car and drove a little ways down the mountain, I stopped at Panorama Point and got my picture taken by a Ranger:

Back to the hotel, and call it a night - Thank You GOD for all these Beautiful Adventure Days!

Music for today:

Neil Young - Dreamin' Man Live '92, recorded in 1992, released in 2009


Mose Allison - Allison Wonderland: Anthology (2 cds), 1994


Mose Allison - The Mose Chronicles Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, 2000




Neil Young - Prairie Wind, 2005


No comments:

Post a Comment