Wednesday, September 8, 2021

2021 Fall Trip - Day 16 - 9/8/2021

Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2021 - Went down to the restaurant (returned my silverware from last night) for an EXCELLENT BREAKFAST - SUPER Ham and Cheese omelette, plus coffee strong enough to fight its way out of a Japanese WWII prison camp! Then hit the road to get over to Jasper, British Columbia:

After breakfast I took pictures of my room:
A little "rough around the edges", but suits my needs perfectly

A beach right next to the motel:
Grabbed a cup of coffee:
and was "highway driving" by 10 AM.

This morning I got to see fabulous "Clouds In Mountain Valleys" - I love the way they interweave in the forests and valleys:
I have decided that I'm not in the mood for any "Big Hikes" today, which means it is just a sight-seeing day, which also gives me the opportunity to just stop and check stuff out - like Little Hell's Gate Regional Park:
Wendy and I had visited the much-bigger Hell's Gate, British Columbia when we came through in Sept. 2015, so I'm game to see what they have here (besides a road you have to drive on carefully):
It was pretty cool looking down into "the gate", and upstream - HUGE WATER FLOW (I'm REALLY surprised, given that it is September):

I'm going north/northeast alongside the North Thompson River:

The road is open ahead of me:

As are The Mountains:

I entered Mount Robson Park at 1:40
To quote Canada's website: "With Alberta’s Jasper National Park as its easterly neighbour, Mount Robson Provincial Park comprises a portion of one of the world's largest blocks of protected areas. Designated as a part of the Canadian Rocky Mountains World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1990."

My first stop was Overlander Falls:

I made my way to the parking area for Yellowhead Lake (which is also parking for hiking the Mount Fitzwilliam Trail). I was kind-of alone in the parking area:
Yellowhead Lake IS WONDERFUL:

I crossed into Jasper National Park at 4 PM:
The town of Jasper at 4:30
I was able to park right outside my room:
Dinner, and bed:

Thank You GOD for all these Beautiful Adventure Days!

Music for today:

Ruthie Foster - The Phenomenal Ruthie Foster, 2011


Richie Havens - Nobody Left To Crown, 2008


Sam Cooke - Live At The Harlem Square Club, 1963, 1963


Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert In Central Park, recorded 1981, released 1982

Wendy and I were up on the Vineyard for the whole summer (um, well, May 1 to October 15, actually), so we missed this Sept. 19th concert.

lyrics: "Homeward Bound"

I'm sittin' in the railway station
Got a ticket to my destination
On a tour of one-night stands
My suitcase and guitar in hand
And every stop is neatly planned
For a poet and a one-man band

Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes - 1978: Live In Boston, recorded 1978, released 2011


Stephen Stills - Manassas, 1972 double album

I have only 2 songs ("It Doesn't Matter", "Johnny's Garden"), but I like them, so maybe I'll have to listen to the whole album again sometime.

Pat Metheny Group - First Circle, 1984

It won the 1985 Grammy Award for Best Jazz Fusion Performance.

The Monkees - The Monkees Greatest Hits


No comments:

Post a Comment