Thursday, July 25, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 34-of-35 - July 25, 2024

Thursday, July 25, 2024 - Just poking around New York State - 282 miles today:

I started the day in Manchester - MANCHESTER, NEW YORK, that is - ha ha ha:

I was heading north to Rochester, but then I figured, Let's Go Exploring!

I made my way through some cute places, and some not-so-cute places:

It was fun going up to Sodus Point - it is a hot day, and EVERYBODY is heading to the water:

It is pretty Lovely up at Sodus Point Lighthouse on Lake Ontario:

Seeing these empty trailers means BOATS ON THE WATER:

I made my way through New York State and grabbed 16 more Post Offices before I called it quits and checked into the Days Inn in Utica, New York at 4:30

BUT THE DAY IS NOT OVER YET! I had RIBS at Texas Roadhouse! I can't wait to visit these places during Football Season (both college and pro):

Beautiful sunset when the day is done - 282 miles today. Thank you God for these wonderful "Road Trip" adventures!

Music today:

Counting Crows - This Desert Life, 1999 3rd studio album, last heard 8/20/2017 - of course an excellent album:

Santana - Santana III, 1971 3rd album, last heard 8/24/2019 - very good album

Hothouse Flowers - Songs From The Rain, 1993 3rd album, last heard 8/16/2017 - I like Hothouse Flowers, and I like this album:


Jackson Browne - Solo Acoustic, Vol. 2, 2008 live album, last heard 8/16/2017 - EXCELLENT version of "Sky Blue and Black". This is a short blog, so I'll quote Wikipedia:

Music critic Thom Jurek, writing for Allmusic, criticized the between-songs commentary, but wrote that Browne's songs "communicate so directly that, presented in this manner, with only an acoustic guitar or a piano as accompaniment, we can find ourselves wandering around in reverie, or re-glimpsing the traces of emotion and time's passage as signposts to the way we live now... these 12 songs are quietly powerful, full of a particular craft and enigmatic gifts — no matter when they were written or recorded. Browne has never lost it as a songwriter; this is the proof."

Annie Lennox - Songs of Mass Destruction, 2007 4th solo album, last heard 8/17/2017. I listened to it twice to confirm - Delete, because I don't need a 3rd Annie Lennox Solo Album:

The Miles Davis Quintet - Steamin', recorded 1956, released 1961, last heard 8/20/2017 - excellent 1950's jazz:


various - Sound The Trumpets (2 songs), 2005 live-double album, last heard 8/14/2017 - The 2 songs I like are "Summertime" by Freddie Hubbard, and "Trading Secrets" by Randy Brecker:


O Positive - Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat, 1990 2nd cd, last heard 8/21/2017 - I have already said how much I like this Boston band:


Past entries of this blog are available on the website https://dixonheadingwest.blogspot.com/

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment