Monday, July 22, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 31-of-35 - July 22, 2024

Monday, July 22, 2024 - A nice manageable day today, going through Missouri and Illinois - 426 miles:

Up and at 'em in the Middle of The Central Time Zone:

I left the Super 8 at 9 AM - made my way through Princeton, Missouri:

2 hours later in Lancaster, Missouri:

I made this graphic to show "How Big is Missouri?" (compared to New England):

At 2 PM I crossed over the Missouri River and made a quick little trip into Iowa:

At 2:15 PM I crossed over the Mississippi River into Illinois:

I'm sorry - I KNOW Vermont is NOWHERE NEAR Illinois!!!

Um - more of Illinois:

At 8 PM I checked in to the Super 8 in Danville, Illinois - 426 miles today. Thank you God for these wonderful "Road Trip" adventures! (These roads are a lot more fun than The Interstate)

Music today:

When I drive (and have the windows DOWN), I want to listen to FAMILIAR MUSIC (so I can pick out the tune and words). That means either "Greatest Hits" albums, or albums-that-I-know-and-love. I try to slot "less-familiar albums" in the early-morning when I still have the windows rolled-up (which is not the case in July).

Paul McCartney & Wings - Wingspan: History & Hits, 2001 compilation double-album, last heard 9/19/2016:


The Who - Who's Next, 1971 5th album, last heard 9/19/2016 - WOW:

U2 - Wide Awake In America, 1985 4-song (2 live/2 studio) EP, last heard 9/19/2016 - a bit of a misnomer, since both live cuts are from shows in England:


U2 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses [single], 1992 single (4 songs), last heard 9/19/2016. The songs are "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" (Temple Bar edit), "Paint It Black" (yes, The Stones song), "Fortunate Son" (yes, Creedence song), and "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" (Temple Bar remix):

Bruce Hornsby & The Range - The Way It Is, 1986 debut album, last heard 11/20/2016:


Maeve - Whatever Befall, 2007 album, last heard 10/09/2016:


Coldplay - Parachutes, 2000 debut album, last heard 8/09/2017:


Dave Matthews Band - Before These Crowded Streets, 1998 3rd album, last heard 7/10/2017 - I listened to it twice because I would like to get to know this album better:


Jefferson Starship - Blows Against The Empire, 1970 album, last heard 7/11/2017 - I think I like the music a lot, but the plot ("Hippies hijack a starship and flee our-old-wasted-planet to explore the universe") wears EXTREMELY THIN after 50 years:


The Miles Davis Quintet - Cookin', 1957 album, last heard 7/12/2017 - excellent jazz - I wish I had been exposed to it 50 years ago:


Past entries of this blog are available on the website https://dixonheadingwest.blogspot.com/

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment