Monday, July 8, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 17-of-35 - July 8, 2024

Monday, July 8, 2024 - Let's see what adventures there are today:

When I am in a tent, I obviously get up when the sun comes up. So, with the sun hitting the far-away mountains, my tent is put away and I'm ready to hit the road (5 AM):

The early-morning sun over Babine Lake:

Sometime the Beauty is right there along the road:

Morning Beauty (7:45 AM) at Red Bluff Provincial Park:

Just driving down the road between 8:10 and 8:30

I didn't mind getting "Laked-out" at Burns Lake:

I didn't do this one - I don't think I could stand the disappointment/sadness:

At 2:30 I hit Ten Mile Lake Provincial Park, which was very refreshing:

Feeling refreshed, 11 miles down the road I got my 2-mile hike at Pinnacles Provincial Park⁩ - nice trail with great views:

Down the road, I came across a couple of places "For Sale - Needs Work":
I think Mr. Moose is IN LOVE:

Great Day today- 518 miles, checking into the Super 8 Williams Lake at 6:30 (this is my room setup, and I'm taking care of Wendy's dress!). Thank you God for these Great "British Columbia" Adventures!

Music today:

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue, 1959 album, last heard 10/08/2013. Wikipedia says: "Kind of Blue" is regarded by many critics as Davis's masterpiece, the greatest jazz album ever recorded, and one of the best albums of all time:

Bob Dylan - Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, 1973 soundtrack album, last heard 4/22/2014. Interesting "album" - basically a couple of excellent songs ("Billy 1" and "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"), but then "other versions of the same songs" plus "instrumentals". I'm fine with it, but it would have made a GREAT EP:

Michael Franks - The Best of Michael Franks: A Backward Glance, 1998 greatest hits album, last heard 4/23/2014. Wonderful jazz with clever lyrics. I love "Popsicle Toes":

You got the nicest North America
This sailor ever saw.
I'd like to feel your warm Brazil
And touch your Panama
But Your Tierra del Fuegos
Are nearly always froze.
We gotta see saw
until we unthaw those
Popsicle toes.
Popsicle toes.
Popsicle toes are always froze.
Popsicle toes.
You're so brave to expose all those popsicle toes


Sade - Diamond Life, 1984 debut album, last heard 4/23/2014:

The Waterboys - The Whole Of The Moon, 1998 compilation album, last heard 4/23/2014:


The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over, 1994 live/studio album, last heard 4/25/2014. With ticket prices over $100, I had STICKER SHOCK, and did not see them when they hit the Boston Garden. Maybe I should have?


Paul Simon - Concert In The Park (2 cds), recorded Aug. 15, 1991, released 1991, last heard 10/23/2014 - Wendy and I and the girls were visiting friends on Fisher's Island that evening:


various - Bridge School Concerts 25 (2 cds), 2011 live double album, last heard 10/23/2014 - some wonderful versions of songs you know and love:


Past entries of this blog are available on the website https://dixonheadingwest.blogspot.com/

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment