Thursday, July 11, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 20-of-35 - July 11, 2024

Thursday, July 11, 2024 - Today will just re-trace my driving from 2 days ago, ending back at the Super 8 in Williams Lake. I wonder what interesting things will happen today!

Well, it was "interesting" to see, that when I got up at 5, the aforementioned Fire, Oreo, and Nova were already up-and-at-'em - don't they EVER SLEEP?

I said "Good Morning " to them, and "Goodbye" to Bella Coola:

By 8:30 I was 64 miles down the road when I turned off to see "Hotnarko Falls" (I'm a sucker for waterfalls!):

Driving slowly (so not to kick up dust), I reached the parking area. Two guys with a tractor were working, grading the land - I guess it is Brand New! There are 2 trails - one going south along the canyon rim, and the other circling up-and-around Hotnarko Falls. Total hike = 0.7 miles in 20 minutes:

And then it was back down "The Road":

Sometimes the beauty is right by the side of the road:

I stopped at Bull Canyon to stretch my legs. Other than that, I just headed down the road:

IT IS SOOOO COOL TO BE ABLE TO DRIVE 100 MILES PER HOUR UP HERE! What? Oh, never mind:

Relatively easy day - checked-in before 5 PM. 299 miles today. I had done ALL MY LAUNDRY when I was here 3 nights earlier, so I was all set. Thank you God for these Great "British Columbia" Adventures!

Music today:

Yes - Fly From Here, 2011 20th studio album, last heard 3/08/2015 - a nice "Yes album":

Christian Scott - Live at Newport, 2008 live album, last heard in a blog: never

The Beatles - Live at the Hollywood Bowl, recorded 1964 & 1965, released 2016, last heard in a blog: never - What Fun! An exciting band - I hope they make it:


Al Stewart - Sparks of Ancient Light, 2008 album, last heard 12/11/2021 - nice Al Stewart "history-story songs":

Taylor Swift - Speak Now: World Tour Live, 2011 1st live album, last heard 9/30/2022 - I like how she can rhyme "Actress" with "Mattress":


Eliane Elias - Bossa Nova Stories, 2008 album, last heard 3/12/2015. Fun, because Wendy and I just saw her at Scullers Jazz Club in Boston this past June:


Billy Joel - Greatest Hits, Vol. III, 1997 greatest hits album, last heard 3/13/2015 - great collection of his later songs. He shines as a "singles" writer:


Jerry Garcia Band - Let It Rock (Disc 2), recorded 1975, released 2009, last heard 6/10/2015 - what a horribly boring collection of music. Jerry is SO LAID BACK that when he sings Jagger's "Let's Spend The Night Together", it sounds like he is inviting you over for a (very boring) slumber party. (Contrast with Bowie singing it on 1973's "Aladdin Sane", where Bowie sounds EXCITING, maybe even DANGEROUS):


Past entries of this blog are available on the website https://dixonheadingwest.blogspot.com/

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment