Tuesday, July 2, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 11-of-35 - July 2, 2024

Tuesday, July 2, 2024 - A good day today driving through British Columbia, ending at the Super 8 in Prince George, visiting Provincial Parks:

I like perspective - Dawson Creek is 470 miles north of the U.S. Border:

After passing Mile Marker Zero for the Alaska Highway in Dawson Creek, IT WAS TIME FOR A CAR WASH (I'm sure I have left those dusty dirt roads behind me):

There sure is Beauty out here in British Columbia:

I reached Bijoux Falls Provincial Park at 2:30 - the Falls are right next to the parking lot, which is just as you go past the sign:

The video worked a few days ago, so here are Bijoux Falls:


Crossing over Parsnip River:

The Beauty of McLeod Lake:

At 4 PM I visited Crooked River Provincial Park, had a nice 1-mile-hike, and saw Bear Lake:

I headed down the road, and checked in to the Super 8, Prince George, British Columbia at 5:30 - the rooms face a central area/jungle! 275 miles today - Thank you God for these Great Adventures!

Music today:

Jefferson Airplane - 2400 Fulton Street [Disc 2], 1990 greatest hits album, last heard 9/19/2013:

Miles Davis - The Complete Concert 1964 My Funny Valentine + Four & More (2 cds), recorded 1964, released 1992, last heard 9/22/2013:


Simple Minds - Live In The City Of Light (2 cds), 1987 double live album, last heard 9/22/2013:
Steely Dan - Alive In America, 1995 live album, last heard 9/22/2013:


local radio - 101.3 The River (Prince George, British Columbia), I just pushed Scan and liked the music:

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment