Wednesday, July 3, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 12-of-35 - July 3, 2024

Wednesday, July 3, 2024 - Today's Plan has a lot of Provincial Parks with the word "Lake" in it - I'm feeling "Laked-out", so we might trim that down. 472 miles driving today, ending at the Moby Dick Inn in Prince Rupert:

Wow - I find that when I am staying in places with great internet, I crash at night and do all my work in the morning. That means that I don't leave until 10 AM (or even later); if I can discipline myself to leave by 9, I think the day will go easier. My 1st stop (at 11:16) is Berman Lake Regional Park:

A roadside sign let's me know that I HAVE DEFINITELY BEEN MISSING SOMETHING IN MY LIFE:

Are those "snow-capped" mountains I see out there?

Pretty iconic:

It is beautiful driving alongside the Skeena River:

20-to-30 miles east of Terrance, I love seeing Big Oliver Creek going down to join the Skeena River:

30 miles west of Terrance, the Skeena River widens:

40 minutes later, I'm still alongside the Skeena River::

looking back behind me:

Might I suggest a weedwacker to "help with the view"?

Just south of Prince Rupert is the town of Prince Edward, which had a couple of beautiful views:

I checked in to the Moby Dick Inn, Prince Rupert, British Columbia at 8:40 - 472 miles today. Thank you God for these Great "British Columbia" Adventures!

Music today:

local radio - 101.3 The River (Prince George, British Columbia) (until the ads just got to be too much):

Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning, 2004 album, last heard 9/23/2013:

Frank Turner - Last Minutes And Lost Evenings, 2012 album, last heard 9/24/2013. He deserves to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame only because of "I Still Believe":

And I still believe (I still believe) in the saints
Yeah, in Jerry Lee and in Johnny and all the greats
And I still believe (I still believe) in the sound
That has the power to raise a temple and tear it down

And I still believe (I still believe) in the need
For guitars and drums and desperate poetry
And I still believe (I still believe) that everyone
Can find a song for every time they've lost
And every time they've won
So just remember, folks, we're not just saving lives, we're saving souls
And we're having fun

And I still believe
Now who'd have thought that after all
Something as simple as rock 'n' roll would save us all
Now who'd have thought that after all
Something so simple, something so small
Who'd have thought that after all, it's rock 'n' roll


Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (2 cds), 1974 double album, last heard 9/24/2013. This is Peter Gabriel's Genesis, so it is a bit artsy, but what do you expect when you give him a double-album to make:

KT Tunstall - Tiger Suit, 2010 3rd album, last heard 9/25/2013:


Tom Waits - Nighthawks At The Diner, 1975 3rd album, last heard 9/25/2013. "Big Joe and Phantom 309" never fails to bring a tear to my eye:


Jack Johnson - To The Sea, 2010 5th album, last heard 9/26/2013:


Pat Metheny Group - American Garage, 1979 2nd album, last heard 9/27/2013 - I'm a long way from an "American Garage" right now:


Thompson Square - Thompson Square, 2011 debut album, last heard 9/27/2013 - I saw them in concert in Salt Lake City in 2013, on my first road trip this millenium (read blog here):


my iPod died, so I switched to green nano - Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill, 1972 debut album, last heard 7/29/2020:


Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment