Saturday, July 20, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 29-of-35 - July 20, 2024

Saturday, July 20, 2024 - I GET TO SEE WENDY TODAY (and Ardath, also):

I was bad - it all worked out, but it was stressful for me, and I should have left a little earlier. Bye-Bye to Kremmling at 9:45 AM:

I headed down Highway 9, and in Silverthorne hopped onto I-70 East. To me, I-70 is an Engineering Miracle, carving its way through the Rocky Mountains. On the other side of the road, there were TWO INSTANCES of VERY BAD (5 mile plus) backups - the first I saw was a truck that just couldn't make the last 1/2 mile up into the Eisenhower Tunnel - it had broken down in the left lane.

I picked up Ardath in Louisville, Colorado. We grabbed sandwiches, and headed to Denver International Airport, where we were able to just slide in and PICK UP WENDY!!!! We got a car wash, then headed up to the Super 8 in Windsor, Colorado, where we checked in just after 3 PM. We spent the rest of the day next door at a Memorial Celebration for one of Wendy's sisters who died in January - very bittersweet. 227 miles driving today. Thank you God for having today work out so well!

Music today:

Taken By Trees - Other Worlds, 2012 3rd album, last heard 8/13/2021:


Bruce Hornsby and the Range - A Night on the Town, 1990 3rd album, last heard 11/13/2017 - my understanding is that "Across the River" contains Jerry Garcia's last studio work (and it is very nice):


Bob Dylan - New Morning, 1970 album, last heard 9/29/2020:


Past entries of this blog are available on the website https://dixonheadingwest.blogspot.com/

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment