Sunday, July 21, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 30-of-35 - July 21, 2024

Sunday, July 21, 2024 - BIG MILES TODAY - 766 miles - but I'm heading home:

Up and at 'em - left Windsor, Colorado behind us and I dropped off Wendy and Ardath at the Denver International Airport just before 8 AM (even though Wendy's flight doesn't depart until 9:43, I'm pretty sure she will be out of Colorado before me):

Time to go to church:

I traveled northeast on I-76, bagging Post Offices and visiting Fort Morgan, Colorado. Wendy and Ellie watched an HGTV series where teams of designers (each with their own TV show) took over a town (in this case, Fort Morgan, Colorado) and brought it back to life. I told them "Hey, I can stop by there on my way back home":

I then got off "The Interstate", onto US Hwy 34, which pretty much runs straight east through Eastern Colorado and Western Nebraska

I entered Nebraska at noon - yes, Wendy definitely got here before me!

In Arapahoe, Nebraska US Hwy 34 angled northeast, but I got on US Hwy 136 which heads southeast, then east:

I took a picture of the Post Office in Hubbell, Nebraska:

2 buildings north of it is the old Hubbell Bank. My picture is on top, and a photo from Flicker is on the bottom, taken in 2019. In 5 years the building lost its television antenna, and the stove-pipe is now askew (the Bank closed in 1994):

Just after 7 PM I stopped at a railroad crossing in Tecumseh, Nebraska:

Just before 8 PM I entered Missouri:

At 10 PM I checked in to the Super 8 in Bethany, Missouri (oops, make that "11 PM" - I lost an hour leaving Colorado Time Zone) - 766 miles today. Thank you God for these wonderful "Road Trip" adventures!

Music today:

Big Head Todd and The Monsters - Sister Sweetly, 1993 3rd album, last heard 9/25/2023 - because they are FROM COLORADO:


Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions, 2006 album, last heard 9/17/2016 - listening to American Songs while Seeing America:

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On, 1971 album, last heard 9/17/2016 - it doesn't get anymore CLASSIC:


Pat Metheny Group - We Live Here, 1995 album, last heard 9/17/2016:

U2 - Under a Blood Red Sky, 1983 live album, last heard 9/10/2023 - maybe the Best Live Album Ever. In Celebration of Colorado (Live at Red Rocks):


Traffic - Welcome To The Canteen, 1971 live album, last heard 9/17/2016:


various - Whatever - The 90's Pop & Culture Box (7 cds), last heard 8/11/2020 - I did some self-curating, and eliminated 76-of-the-130 tracks. Here is what made the cut:

Disc 1
2 "Nothing Compares 2 U" - SinĂ©ad O'Connor
3 "No Myth" - Michael Penn
6 "Birdhouse in Your Soul" - They Might Be Giants
8 "Here's Where the Story Ends" - The Sundays
10 "Groove Is in the Heart" - Deee-Lite
11 "Right Here, Right Now" - Jesus Jones
14 "Unbelievable" - EMF
15 "Hard to Handle" - The Black Crowes
17 "Walking in Memphis" - Marc Cohn

Disc 2
4 "I'm Too Sexy" - Right Said Fred
7 "It's a Shame About Ray" - The Lemonheads
16 "Runaway Train" - Soul Asylum
17 "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" - Spin Doctors
18 "Dizz Knee Land" - dada

Disc 3
1 "Under the Bridge" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
11 "If I Can't Change Your Mind" - Sugar
17 "What's Up?" - 4 Non Blondes

Disc 4
3 "Broken Hearted Savior" - Big Head Todd and the Monsters
10 "Hey Jealousy" - Gin Blossoms
18 "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" - Crash Test Dummies
19 "Possession" - Sarah McLachlan

Disc 5
1 "Shine" - Collective Soul
3 "You Gotta Be" - Des'ree
4 "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon" - Urge Overkill
8 "Sugar Free Jazz" - Soul Coughing
9 "Mockingbirds" - Grant Lee Buffalo
10 "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" - R.E.M.
15 "Run-Around" - Blues Traveler
16 "I'll Be There for You (Theme from Friends)" - The Rembrandts
18 "Not a Pretty Girl" - Ani DiFranco
19 "Carnival" - Natalie Merchant

Disc 6
1 "Wonderwall" - Oasis
4 "One of Us" - Joan Osborne
7 "Breakfast at Tiffany's" - Deep Blue Something
11 "Who Will Save Your Soul" - Jewel
12 "Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand" - Primitive Radio Gods
13 "Cybele's Reverie" - Stereolab
15 "What I Got" - Sublime
17 "Virtual Insanity" - Jamiroquai
18 "Naked Eye" - Luscious Jackson

Disc 7
2 "Lovefool" - The Cardigans
3 "Radiation Vibe" - Fountains of Wayne
4 "The Impression That I Get" - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
8 "Brian Wilson (Live)" - Barenaked Ladies
9 "Brick" - Ben Folds Five
10 "Sex and Candy" - Marcy Playground
11 "Walkin' on the Sun" - Smash Mouth
12 "Tubthumping" - Chumbawamba
14 "Lullaby" - Shawn Mullins
15 "Slide" - Goo Goo Dolls
16 "Kiss Me" - Sixpence None the Richer
17 "Steal My Sunshine" - Len
18 "What It's Like" - Everlast
19 "Natural Blues" - Moby


Cream - Wheels of Fire, 1968 3rd album, studio and live, last heard 8/08/2019 - SOUNDS GREAT LOUD!!


Diana Krall - When I Look In Your Eyes, 1999 album, last heard 9/18/2016:


Kenny Chesney - When The Sun Goes Down, 2004 album, last heard 9/18/2016:


The Allman Brothers Band - Where It All Begins, 1994 studio album, last heard 10/18/2020:


Past entries of this blog are available on the website https://dixonheadingwest.blogspot.com/

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment