Thursday, July 4, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 13-of-35 - July 4, 2024

Thursday, July 4, 2024 - Happy 4th of July - well, maybe not so much up here. Today I will be taking The Ferry from Prince Rupert to Skidegate on Haida Gwaii/Graham Island:

I wrote in my notes: "Poke around Prince Rupert until the 7-hour ferry to Haida Gwaii (Skidegate)". Well, it is a 10:30 boat, but they want you there between 90 and 120 minutes before then. I checked out at 8 AM, got coffee, postcards, Sharpies, groceries, and got down to the terminal at 8:30

fun side-note: You are in a REAL Seaside town when the only thing the store across from the hotel sells is SLICKERS:

The ferry is bigger than the ones to The Vineyard, but I would hope so, given the 7-hour-trip:

Upstairs is pretty spacious:

The outside is a lot of FUN:

I had a great day - reading science fiction, working on my laptop (no WiFi, but I do other stuff), bit of a nap, and I bought A MAP from The Ship's Store:

We pulled into Skidegate at 5 PM:

The boat looks good, ready to go back overnight:

I checked into JAGS Coffee Shop & Guest Rooms at 6 PM:

Nice view out my window:

Dinner out, and then time to say "Good Night" Thank you God for these Great "British Columbia" Adventures!

Just because I was not in my car doesn't mean I didn't listen to music:

Paul Simon - Hearts and Bones, 1983 6th solo album, last heard 9/13/2018. I think this was the best album that year:

Van Morrison - Into The Music, 1979 album, last heard 10/06/2020:

Afro Celt Sound System - Anatomic, 2005 album, last heard 9/28/2013:


various - Sahara Lounge, 2004 album, last heard 9/28/2013:


Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment