Sunday, September 23, 2018

Fall 2018, Day 30 - hike Hidden Falls and Cascade Canyon

Sunday, Sept. 23, 2018 - We made it to the 10 AM Service at the Chapel of the Transfiguration:


And then headed back into Grand Teton National Park. I had previously hiked in the Park (Sept. 27, 2013), but had missed Hidden Falls, so I wanted to see them with Wendy. Scott also encouraged us to tackle Cascade Canyon. The area we will explore is:


To save our legs for hiking, we took a boat ride across Jenny Lake, so we didn't have to walk all they way around it:


(we're going up in there??!!)

After our boat ride, we had a nice hike of 5.18 miles up next to Hidden Falls and Cascade Canyon:


Cascade Creek is running fast:


Nice to see that this time of year.

And once you know where they are, the Falls are really not very "Hidden":



On our return from the Falls, before heading up the Canyon, I took a nice shot of the boatlanding:

and Jenny Lake:


We headed up the trail into Cascade Canyon:


Wendy stopped for a sandwich:

while I continued up a little to get a better view of Cascade Creek:



Fed and Watered, we kept going up the trail, until a little before 2 PM (having hiked 3.35 miles), when we saw "The Canyon" and then turned around:




Back down the trail, boat ride across the lake, and back to the car - GREAT ADVENTURE! We couldn't get enough, so Scott drove us up to the top of Signal Mountain, with its wonderful views (looking east):


Nice easy dinner at home this evening. WOW - Thank you God for ALL THESE Beautiful Places, and the ability to visit them!

P.S. I was asked how today's hike compared with the one I did 5 years ago:

I did Inspiration Point back then (which was closed now), but I figure I only went about 1/2 mile farther up the Canyon:

Well, it sounds like I need to come back and finish the hike up to Lake Solitude and Mica Lake:

No comments:

Post a Comment