Thursday, September 20, 2018

Fall 2018, Day 27 - driving north in Colorado

Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018 - Drive north through Colorado (?waterfalls?, ?art gallery?) = 287 miles driving:


It was beautiful driving up Colorado State Highway 133:


The weather seemed to threaten:

but all I got was a little carwash.

And then up over McClure Pass:



The Crystal River runs right next to the Highway:



I was not even going to show any pictures of Hayes Creek Falls, but since we were there, and since I took The Picture, here is a look at the late summer/early fall GREEN SLIME:


We made our way up to Basalt, Colorado, and had a great lunch at "Riverside Grill":


pretty nice being right next to Fryingpan River.

I think I really like the town of Basalt:


The town is on "the road up to Aspen", and I can see that it appeals to people who don't really need that "Aspen-thing" (glitzzy, radically over-priced).

After lunch, we walked up the road to the Ann Korologos Gallery, which had an exhibition titled "Western Waters":


I had seen it mentioned in the artfixdaily emails I get:

The Gallery was nice, but nothing great.

A little farther down the block, I saw a fun building:

And went in for a closer look - Hey, WHAT's THAT SIGN DOING THERE?!?!?:


Beautiful Day driving north through Colorado:



Checked into the Super 8 in Craig, Colorado at 4:40 PM:


Thank you God for ALL THESE WONDERFUL ADVENTURES!

Driving Music:

various artists - AM Gold 1965


1 Sonny And Cher - I Got You Babe
2 Petula Clark - Downtown
3 Jackie DeShannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
4 The Temptations - My Girl
5 Peter And Gordon - I Go To Pieces
6 Wayne Fontana And The Mindbenders - Game Of Love
7 Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat?
8 The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic
9 The Beach Boys - California Girls
10 Barbara Lewis - Make Me Your Baby
11 The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
12 The Miracles - The Tracks Of My Tears
13 Gary Lewis And The Playboys* - This Diamond Ring
14 The Fortunes - You've Got Your Troubles
15 The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
16 The Vogues - You're The One
17 Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
18 The Ramsey Lewis Trio - The "In" Crowd
19 The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
20 We Five - You Were On My Mind
21 Bobby Goldsboro - Little Things
22 Roger Miller - King Of The Road

Since that was So Much Fun, we listened to:

various artists - AM Gold 1966


Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel, 1977 first solo album


The Cure - Galore: The Singles 1987–1997, 1997


Steely Dan - Gaucho, 1980


The Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!, 1970 live album


Traffic - Traffic, 1968 second album


No comments:

Post a Comment