Saturday, September 8, 2018

Fall 2018, Day 15 - Sheep Creek area, and Red Canyon

Saturday, Sept. 8, 2018 - Sheep Creek area, and Red Canyon = 181 miles driving!:


I had a HOT SHOWER last night. Couple that with the HOT SHOWER I had this morning, and I feel GREAT! (This "civilization stuff" is pretty nice!) And I did all my laundry this morning! So I'm Ready To Go! It was cheaper staying in Rock Springs, but I had to/got to go west through Green River today, and got to see the iconic cliffs:




Goodbye to Wyoming:

and Hello to Utah (where I'll be for the next 10 days):


At 11:30 I was entering the Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area:

and my first stop was the Sheep Creek Scenic Byway Interpretive Site:

with its cool map of the Sheep Creek Geological Loop:

(looks a lot like the center of my plans)


The "Geological Loop" is aptly named - wonderful cliffs and canyons and buttes:




I hope "the Locals" are having a good day:


I went up a dirt road, heading (for 16+ miles) to Spirit Lake:

Spirit Lake is beautiful, under threatening skies:

Which brings me to my "Question Of The Day": which is dirtier - a car in Utah before it rains:

Or a car in Utah AFTER IT RAINS?


At 3:10, the Sheep Creek Overlook was Very Nice:




But then I got to the Red Canyon Visitor Center at 3:45

Before researching this part of the trip - after Wind River Range but before picking up Wendy in Salt Lake City - I had NEVER HEARD OF "Red Canyon in northeast Utah". That has been My Loss - Until NOW:
Looking west at the Green River flowing toward me:

and then looking east as The River flows away from me:

I moved a little farther along the rim and took a panorama picture:

I like being here "out on the Rim":




They have a dumpster, so I was able to get rid of some trash I picked up from the roadside:


I then drove 40 miles down to Vernal, Utah:

to check in at 5:30.

Thank you God for these Wonderful Adventures and Beautiful Places!

Blog music/Laundry music at the hotel was:

Andy Bey - Tuesdays in Chinatown, 2001

with a Fabulous version of Sting's "Fragile"!

Driving Music was Ultimate Collection/Greatest Hits albums:

(sometimes these albums are GREAT, and better than the single albums)

Graham Parker - Ultimate Collection, 2001


The Yardbirds - Greatest Hits, 1967

I listened to this twice.

The Kinks - Greatest Hits!, 1966

I listened to this twice; and I bought this album before I went to St. Paul's.

The Kinks - The Ultimate Collection, 2002 double album

I listened to this twice. This is actually on my iPod as "The Ultimate Collection (dcd)" - I have edited down the songs, from 44 songs down to 17 songs. Those are my "17 favourite" (British spelling because The Kinks are a British band) songs post-"Greatest Hits!".

No comments:

Post a Comment