Saturday, September 26, 2015

Fall 2015 - Day 21: Bethel Church - Redwood National Park - Castaway-by-the-Sea Motel (Port Orford, OR)

Saturday, Sept 26, 2015 - Starting from the Bethel Church, west to the Pacific Ocean, then north to the Redwood National Park, then further north to the Castaway-by-the-Sea Motel in Port Orford, Oregon:

296 miles; 5 hours 55 minutes.

Starting with a healing service at the Bethel Church (Redding, CA):

we grabbed coffees and sandwiches at the Church coffee shop.

Hwy 299 is My New Favorite Road:

It runs west from Redding, CA through the Six Rivers National Forest; driving through the southern Klamath Mountains, northwest of the Sacramento Valley, the Trinity River is designated a National Wild and Scenic River, and along most of its course the Trinity flows swiftly through tight canyons and mountain meadows.

It was great (and a lot cooler) getting to the coast:


There are beautiful lakes and valleys:


and the Redwood National Park actually goes down to the sea:





We then ran into a herd of elk. Well, not actually "ran into", but it sure was pretty close!!:



And although we were starting to run out of daylight, we were able to hang out at a beautiful river:



I have deleted dozens of Oregon-coast photos - they were all taken because each time you round a corner, the scene is so beautiful. I hope you enjoy this sample of the ones I kept:





We got to the Castaway-by-the-Sea Motel just as the sun was setting. This is the view from where we park our car for the night, with the setting sun on the Oregon cliffs and harbor:


WOW - Thank You GOD for a Great Day!

Music today:

after Healing Service, I wanted to rock out! so I listened to a live bootleg of a Bruce show I saw back in 1999 at the Boston Garden/Fleet Center when he reunited with the E-Street Band!
Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band - Boston - August 26, 1999


"Racing in the Streets" lyrics
Tonight my baby and me we're gonna ride to the sea
And wash these sins off our hands

"Land of Hope and Dreams" lyrics

Grab your ticket and your suitcase, thunder's rolling down this track
Well, you don't know where you're going now, but you know you won't be back
Well, darling, if you're weary, lay your head upon my chest
We'll take what we can carry, yeah, and we'll leave the rest

Well, big wheels roll through the fields where sunlight streams
Meet me in a land of hope and dreams

well, after I got THAT out of my system, we listened to Wendy's new cd:
Kim Walker & Skyler Smith - Home (2015)


1 comment: