Friday, September 15, 2023

2023 Fall Trip - Day 9-of-21 - Sept 15, 2023

Friday, Sept. 15, 2023 - I'm going to take-off today and do some "Road Tripping". I had originally planned on going down to see Death Valley, but when I googled "Death Valley Visitor Center", this came up:
Because of all the rains, there was flooding in Death Valley that washed out all the roads. So instead of going South, I went North:

The top road is also known as Ebbetts Pass Scenic Byway:

I left a little after 6 AM, and it was cold up in the mountains when I got to Mammoth Lakes:

Just north of there the beauty started at the town of June Lake:

The West Walker River runs alongside the highway:

And I made it as far north as Topaz Lake today:

Unbelievable view as I go up The Pass - That white dot is a large barn:

EAST FORK - CARSON RIVER:

Just another lake alongside the Alpine State Highway

I spent 15 minutes waiting to buy 10 postcard stamps:

It did warm-up during the day:

Great crusing back through the Stanislaus National Forest:

The skies were threatening, but the views were GREAT:

At 6 PM I made it up-and-over Sonora Pass:

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A "25% GRADE" SIGN:

but the view going down was REALLY COOL

I hit 395 South at 6:15, and it was 2 hours (and a phone call with Wendy) until I got back to Bishop. - I drove 498 miles today. Thank you God for this Wonderful Sightseeing/Driving Day!

Music for today - all on mp3 cd:

David Gray - A New Day at Midnight, 2002:

Michael Hedges - The Road to Return, 1994:

Janet Jackson - All for You, 2001:

Patty Larkin - Red = Luck, 2003:

Brad Mehldau - Largo, 2002:

various - Avalon Blues: A Tribute to Mississippi John Hurt, 2001:

Bill Morrissey - Songs of Mississippi John Hurt, 1999:

various - Now Music 5, 1985:

Tom Rush - Live, 1982 live album:

Shakira - Grandes Éxitos, 2002:

The Steve Miller Band - Wide River, 1993:

Rod Stewart - Unplugged...and Seated, 1993 live album:

No comments:

Post a Comment