Friday, September 22, 2023

2023 Fall Trip - Day 16-of-21 - Sept 22, 2023

Friday, Sept. 22, 2023 - Time to HEAD HOME, and Cover Some Ground:

This might be the only "waffle breakfast" I've had this trip (good job on the "maple flavored syrup"):

I bagged some Post Offices in Boise, and then just followed them down the road. I didn't really have any "pretty stuff to see", so I'll cut to the chase: I saw 37 Post Offices today (new in blue, previous ones in purple):

Although I don't have any "Beauty" planned for today, as I was going through Twin Falls, Idaho I remembered that I really like seeing The Great Falls on the Snake River (as painted by Thomas Moran):

I have visited The Falls before (2013), and Wendy and I visited here in 2016. But since today the "overlook is closed for maintenance", this is as close as I get:

I did get some great pictures of the Snake River up at Hansen Bridge:

Before noon, I entered Eden, Idaho. As I said to Wendy, I know Adam and Eve got kicked out, but you would have thought that, by now, more people would have figured out how to get back in:

Burley, Idaho at 12:43 in the afternoon:

Getting closer to the Wyoming border:

I entered Wyoming a little after 5 PM:

You can tell by the clouds that it has been raining on-and-off all day, and it is 40 degrees. I was originally planning going through the mountains ("The Wyoming Range") to get down to Rock Springs but, with snow in the mountains (I BET), that seems like a BAD IDEA:

So I headed south down the valley on Route 89, seeing a nice piece of the country:

After 619 miles, I checked in to the Quality Inn, Rock Springs, Wyoming at 9 PM (THANK YOU GOD for letting me travel SAFE AND SOUND). For Post Offices today, I have to give 2 awards - one for TRADITION 83221 - Blackfoot, Idaho, and one for CHARACTER 83122 - Grover, Wyoming:

Music for today:

Because I saw them LAST NIGHT - Counting Crows - 2018/08/25 Syracuse, NY, live show I was at:

The Allman Brothers Band - Hittin' the Note, 2003:

America - History: America's Greatest Hits, 1975. Lyrics "Horse With No Name", the song that kept me company when I went cross-country for the first time in May/June 1972:

You see I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can't remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
La la la la la la...


various - Animal House soundtrack, 1978. Between John Belushi singing "Louie Louie" and Lloyd Williams (Otis Day and the Knights) doing "Shout", this album is A LOT OF FUN:

The Animals - The Best of The Animals, 1966 - I owned this album:

Tal Bachman - Tal Bachman, 1999 debut album - 4 songs:

Bananarama - Bananarama, 1984 2nd album - I really like this album; it has been on my cd shelf for over 35 years:

The Band - Music From Big Pink, 1968 debut album:


The Band - Rock of Ages, 1972 live double album - (with Bob Dylan joining them for 4 songs). My sister Cary was at the New Year's Eve show:

The Bangles - Greatest Hits (The Bangles), 1990:

Jefferson Airplane - After Bathing at Baxter's, 1967 2nd album (I don't count "Jefferson Airplane Takes Off", a 1966 album with Signe Toly Anderson [versus Grace Slick for all the other albums]):

Joe Jackson - Afterlife (Live), 2004 live album:

No comments:

Post a Comment