Monday, September 11, 2023

2023 Fall Trip - Day 5-of-21 - Sept 11, 2023

Monday, Sept. 11, 2023 - I left the Super 8 in Ridgefield, UT after 8 AM:
As I went down the street to take a picture of their Post Office, I passed a Jiffy Lube!!! So after the Post Office, I pulled in - I was their first customer of the day! They did a GREAT JOB (I was in their computer), but it did take some time. I then hit the road - next stop is The Hostel California in Bishop, California - check-in is between 5 PM and 6 PM:
I had 1 stop planned - Cave Lake State Park in Nevada, but between Jiffy Lube and getting 10 Post Offices (in light blue) across Utah, Nevada, and California, I never made it to Cave Lake State Park:

The hills around Ridgefield, Utah have great color:

I'm cutting across Utah on US Hwy 50:

At one point in Western Utah, I just had to stop and take a picture looking forward:
and then looking backward:

I took several "The Road Goes On Forever" pictures, but here is only 1:

At 1 PM I crossed into Nevada:

Good to know that Bishop is just down the road:

I entered California at 4:40

After 529 miles, I checked into the The Hostel California in Bishop, California at 5:30 PM - my home for the next 7 nights (mine is the bottom bunk):

My favorite Post Office for today is where I ended - 93514 - Bishop, CA

Thank you God for this wonderful Adventure Day! I feel good, pushing across this country - 3,406 miles in 5 days (you do the math). In the future, I should figure out where to stop when I run out of daylight.

Music for today:

The Police - Ghost In The Machine, 1981 album. Actually, not a very good album:

The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta, 1980:

The Police - Reggatta De Blanc, 1979:

The Police - Outlandos d'Amour, 1978:

Neil Young - Harvest Moon, 1992. Neil's beat song is the last song on the album - "Natural Beauty" (recorded live at The Civic Auditorium, Portland, Oregon, January 23, 1992):

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Life, 1987:

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Rust Never Sleeps [Live], 1979 live album:

Neil Young - Neil Young, 1968 debut solo album (because it sounded so good the other day). Over the decades, Neil has done so many Excellent/Very Good albums that it was such a disappointment when I saw him doing his "Greendale" album in 2003. That album was garbage, with only 1 good song (Bandit)

The National - Boxer, 2007 - I don't know; these guys might be my next "Annual Concert Band". I saw them in Portland, Maine in the Summer of 2022, and then down in New Haven, CT this past summer. Wonderful shows both times:

Marc Cohn - Burning the Daze, 1998:

No comments:

Post a Comment