Thursday, September 7, 2023

2023 Fall Trip - Day 1-of-21 - Sept 7, 2023

Thursday, Sept. 7, 2023 - And away we go! I left Home at 6 AM, and checked into the Super 8 in Erie, PA at 9:40 PM, with nice stops at The Arkell Museum, Canajoharie, NY and the Buffalo AKG Art Museum, Buffalo, NY:
oh, and did I mention 19 Post Offices across New York State:

I love passing this sign on the Mass Pike, about 20 miles east of the New York State border:
The Arkell Museum, Canajoharie, NY has a lovely collection of Winslow Homer paintings, including 13 watercolors (many of which I have never seen). I sent an email to the Museum asking if any watercolors were available for viewing, and received the wonderful response that Yes, Six Of Them Are On Display!!

I arrived just past noon:

Winslow Homer - "Sponge Fishing, Bahamas", ca. 1885 watercolor:

I headed back down the road, crossing 180,000 miles on my Crosstrek at 2:25

My favorite Post Office today is 13148 - Seneca Falls, NY (at 3:25):

At 6:33 I just had to stop at an "Historic Cemetery":

I reached the Buffalo AKG Art Museum, Buffalo, NY at 7:07

Jackson Polloock - "Convergence", 1952 oil:

Pablo Picasso - "Nude Figure", late spring 1910 oil:

And finally a new piece that caught my eye - very large and textured:

I walked 0.72 miles in 41 minutes (plus stairs!):

It all sure looked nice as I left:

After 626 miles, I checked into the Super 8 in Erie, PA - Thank you God for this wonderful Adventure Day! Good to get back out on The Road.

Music for today - music from one of my 20-year old cds:

Sting - Bring On The Night, 1986 double live album:

Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, 1998:

Steve Winwood - Arc of a Diver, 1980 second solo album:

Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness' First Finale, 1974:

Yes - Close to the Edge, 1972:

Neil Young - Neil Young, 1968 debut solo album:

Warren Zevon - Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School, 1980 4th studio album:

various artists - Windham Hill - Sounds Of Wood & Steel 2, 1999:

George Winston - December, 1982 fourth solo piano album:

Peter Wolf - Sleepless, 2002 sixth solo album:

various artists - Woodstock 94 (2 cds) (only 2 songs), 1994 (I only kept/like 2 songs: The Cranberries - "Dreams", and Crosby, Stills and Nash - "Deja Vu".):

various artists - Putumayo Presents: World Lounge, 2002:

David Bowie - The Best of David Bowie 1969/1974, 1997 compliation album:

Since most of these artists have multiple albums on this burned-cd, I will hear more of their work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment