Tuesday, September 12, 2023

2023 Fall Trip - Day 6-of-21 - Sept 12, 2023

Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2023 - Now we get to the HIKING Part of This Trip! I was up-and-at-em for 7 AM breakfast at Jack's - excellent food and coffee and atmosphere, and got a sandwich to go:

Today I'm hiking Meysan Lakes Trail. It (supposedly) 9.9 mile long, taking 7:06, and has a rating of 4.6 out of 5.0. The map on the left is from AllTrails, and the map on the right is from caltopo.com:

In Bishop I bought a cool poster of The John Muir Trail at a local outdoors store, and then headed south:

The trail I'm hiking today is in the Whitney Portal area, which is how people access hiking for Mount Whitney. To do that, you have to sign up in their Reservation System; but because I'm doing a "local hike", I don't have to deal with any of that. Just enjoy the beauty getting there:

After dealing with VERY BAD Signage, I was going up the Trail at 11:30

At 1:44, looking to the southeast across the valley:

It is nice seeing and saying Hi to people once in a while:

After trees and meadows, you get up into the rocky area:

Up at Meysan Lake at 3:48

It is PRETTY COOL up here:

Great hike going back down:

It was almost dark when I finished at 6:09 PM. 11.04 miles in 6 hours 37 minutes:

Very pretty drive back to Bishop:

I drove 145 miles today. Thank you God for this wonderful Hiking Adventure Day!

Music for today (California artists):

Neil Young - Unplugged, 1993 live album:

Warren Zevon - Learning to Flinch [Live], 1993 live album:

The Byrds - Greatest Hits, 1967 - I bought this album when I was 14, so obviously I love it:

No comments:

Post a Comment