Wednesday, September 27, 2023

2023 Fall Trip - Day 21-of-21 - Sept 27, 2023

Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2023 - I don't have a picture of where I stayed last night, so just imagine an average Days Inn in some average American city. THIS IS MY LAST DAY - Still Heading East:

I got 22 Post Offices along the way today:

Fun adventures include back-tracking across the Susquehanna River at 7:55 AM:

Stopped at a Tim Horton's in Mount Cobb, Pennsylvania at 8:45 AM:

Crossed over the Delaware River at 10 AM:

I got a Post Office, car wash, Hanneford chips, gas, coffee refill, sandwich at a single exit - Scotchtown, New York:

Pretty Nature in Holmes, New York:

Always good to come Home, with its familiar roads:

Traffic in Burlington - Behind Me and Ahead of Me! I didn't see this in Nebraska or Iowa!!!

After 9,143 miles, HOME AT LAST (with a special dinner treat from Ellie's Pizza):

My favorite Post Offices today are:

TRADITIONAL - 06757 - Kent, Connecticut - nice clean lines:
and CHARACTER - 12563 - Patterson, New York - I can see What It Is, and Where It Is:

425 miles today; 9,143 miles for the whole trip. THANK YOU GOD for this WONDERFUL ADVENTURE, and for letting me travel SAFE AND SOUND!

Music for today:

Christian Scott - Yesterday You Said Tomorrow, 2010 - excellent jazz album:

Zero 7 - Yeah Ghost, 2009 - a band I enjoy, I listened to this twice because I would like to get this into the "more familiar" part of my brain:

various - The 70's (3 cds):

Joe Cocker - Joe Cocker!, 1969 2nd album:

Then I just wanted to listen to one of my favorite albums:

Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde, 1966 double album, with FUN LYRICS:

from "Visions of Johanna":

Mona Lisa must have had the Highway Blues
you can tell by the way she smiles

from "Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again"

But the Post Office has been stolen.
And the mailbox is locked.

from "Absolutely Sweet Marie"

To live outside the law, you must be honest


Counting Crows - Somewhere Under Wonderland, 2014. It starts with "Palisades Park", which I think is one of their Best Songs:

Al Stewart - Between the Wars, 1995:

No comments:

Post a Comment