Sunday, September 10, 2023

2023 Fall Trip - Day 4-of-21 - Sept 10, 2023

Sunday, Sept. 10, 2023 - I left the Travelodge in Stratton, CO at 9 AM
and checked into the Super 8 in Ridgefield, UT at 9:10 PM, with a nice stop at Red Rocks:
oh, and did I mention 31 Post Offices (in light blue) across Colorado and Utah:

Although I did start in Stratton, Colorado, I backtracked into Kansas - 67741 - Kanorado, KS:

In Colorado, the flowers are lovely this time of year:

Sure is quiet out here:

My family has already seen what I have on the floor of my front passenger seat:

Red Rocks is a REALLY COOL place to visit:

And then it was time to continue west on I-70. Which brings me to today's favorite Post Office 80444 - Georgetown, CO:

The Rocky Mountains are wonderful:

And the Utah landscape is pretty cool also:

After 720 miles, I checked into the Super 8 in Ridgefield, UT

Thank you God for this wonderful Adventure Day! I feel good, pushing across this country (in the future, figure out where to stop when I run out of daylight).

Music for today:

Sting - Ten Summoner's Tales, 1993 4th solo album:

Steve Winwood - Roll with It, 1988:

And then it is time for my "Live at Red Rocks" albums:

Dave Matthews Band - Live At Red Rocks 8.15.95 (2 cds), recorded 1995, released 1997:

U2 - Under a Blood Red Sky, 1983 live album. Maybe the Best Live Album ever made:

Rickie Lee Jones - Live At Red Rocks, 2001 live album:

Yes - The Yes Album, 1971:

Neil Young - Freedom, 1989. EXCELLENT album:

Neil Young - Harvest, 1972 4th solo album:

Warren Zevon - Warren Zevon, 1976 debut album:

George Winston - Night Divides The Day: The Music Of The Doors, 2002 album:

The Doors - Waiting for the Sun, 1968 3rd album. After hearing George Winston, I wanted "The Real Thing":

The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album) [2 cds], 1968 double-album:

The Allman Brothers Band - Eat a Peach, 1972 double-album:

No comments:

Post a Comment