Tuesday, September 5, 2023

2023 Fall Trip - Day 0-of-21 - Sept 5, 2023


I have been a fan of Ansel Adams all my life, and last fall took pictures of a book of his: "Sierra Nevada: The John Muir Trail":
(at $138 through amazon, I got my copy through our Library System).

I then made a "Google Map" of the location of all his photographs:
One cool thing is that you can add your own photos to the map:

Here is the link to the map:
Ansel Adams map

It turns out that almost all the photographs are on The John Muir Trail, a 214-mile trail, the vast majority of which is within designated wilderness. There are only a handful of day-hikes (on the east side of the Sierra Nevada) which get you up into those areas. So, based out of Bishop, California, those are my hiking plans for 7 or 8 days.

I'm leaving Thursday, Sept 7, staying at The Hostel California in Bishop (arriving Sept 11, leaving Sept 19), and I'll be home Wednesday, Sept 27.

Should be fun - also 8 Art Museums, plus Lake Tahoe (and Counting Crows up in Boise, Idaho) - come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment