Thursday, August 20, 2026

2026 Road Trip - Day 8

Thursday, Aug. 20, 2026 - Banging across Minnesota and South Dakota, take a right in Aberdeen, South Dakota, and spend the night in Jamestown, North Dakota! After blogging, I Hit The Local Businesses - Jiffy Lube for oil change, Wampach's for breakfast, and Target for "personal shopping". And the I Hit The Road - after 443 miles (and 38 Post Offices, plus 2 closed ones), I checked into the Super 8 in Jamestown, North Dakota at 8 PM:

Well, that was a GREAT BREAKFAST:

Nice wall-art in Shakopee, Minnesota:

In Collins, Minnesota, I saw a nice flock of swans (?white Canadian Geese?):

Looks like a tough neighborhood:

Can't I stop, please?!?! I've never seen "Helicopter Work" before!

The first (and only) sign I see for Wall Drug today:

Just keep heading west:
Pretty flowers in Granite Falls, Minnesota:

Public Art in Montevideo, Minnesota:

Yea, I'm going to all those Minnesota towns:

Now I know why 56227 - Correll, MN has a Dead Post Office (but how did it get one to begin with?):

I entered South Dakota just after 3 PM:

Is that The Church from "Haven":

I stopped at the Walmart in Aberdeen, SD. Between this Walmart and this morning's Target, I have definately gotten "my steps" for today!

Cool "Dakota Sky":

The 2 cutest Post Offices today - "56276 - Odessa, MN" and "57426 - Barnard, SD":

I entered North Dakota at 6:48

Not much activity out here. Looking north, and looking south:

There is certainly something going on in Edgeley, North Dakota:

I checked into the Super 8 in Jamestown, North Dakota at 8 PM:

WOW - Thank you God for another wonderful Adventure Day!

Once again, Music for today are albums that I have not heard before (well, maybe I have heard some):

in this morning's hotel room - Michael Jones - Pianoscapes, 1985 album, last heard never - very nice "new age piano" music:

On The Road: Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily, 1995 debut album, last heard never:

Neil Diamond - The Very Best Of Neil Diamond: The Original Recordings, 2011 album, last heard never - Very Well Done (I need to re-order the tracks by date):


Neil Young - Tonight's The Night, 21975 album, last heard never - I really "weird Neil" from the 70's:


Patti Smith Group - Wave (3 songs), 1979 album, last heard 9/16/2016 - I only keep 3 songs: "Frederick”, “Dancing Barefoot”, “So You Want to Be (A Rock 'n' Roll Star)":

Paul Simon - The Essential Paul Simon (2 cds), 2007 compilation album, last heard never - wonderful stuff covering his solo career

Pete Townshend - All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes, 1982 4th solo album, last heard never. Very good stuff:

Peter Allen - Bi-Coastal, 1980 album, last heard 8/09/2019. I like his stuff - too bad he died of aids in 1992. He was married to Liza Minnelli (with an "interesting face"):

Poco - Crazy Loving: The Best of Poco 1975-1982, 1989 compilation album, last heard never. wow, I don't like this album (except for only a couple of songs):

Queen - Classic Queen, 1992 compilation album, last heard never. wow, I also don't like this album (except for only a couple of songs):

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment