Sunday, August 16, 2026

2026 Road Trip - Day 4

Sunday, Aug. 16, 2026 - I fit in the 2 Art Museums I missed yesterday, so it was a FULL DAY. I drove north in Michigan for 382 miles, grabbing 39 Post Offices (and 2 Art Museums), and checked into the Super 8 in Mackinaw City, MI at 8:30 PM:

Down the road, and at the Grand Rapids Art Museum at 10:30

Favorites include N.C. Wyeth - The Red Dory, c. 1937-38 oil:

Asher B. Durand - View in the Valley of Oberhasle, Switzerland, 1842 oil:

Childe Hassam - Summer Sea, 1906 oil:

I then had a late breakfast/early lunch at Cracker Barrel - it was PERFECT:

Then back up the road to the Muskegon Museum of Art at 1 PM:

Favorites include Edward Hopper - New York Restaurant, 1922 oil:

Victor Casenelli - View of Venice, not dated, oil:

Alfred Thompson Bricher - Rocky Coastline, not dated, oil:

Pretty Lakes in this part of The Country:

The most impressive Post Office was in Cadillac, Michigan:

I checked into the Super 8 in Mackinaw City, MI at 8:30 PM:

Thank you God for another wonderful Adventure Day!

Music for today:

in this morning's hotel room - Bill Evans - Complete Fantasy Recordings (Disc 2), 1989 album, last heard 4/28/2021:

On The Road: Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness' First Finale, 1974 album, last heard 6/30/2024 - very cool:

Loggins & Messina - Full Sail, 1973 3rd album, last heard never:


Lake Street Dive - Fun Machine: The Sequel [EP], 2022 album, last heard never - KILLER VERSION of Bonnie Raitt's "Nick of Time":

The Cure - Galore, 1997 greatest hits album, last heard 6/30/2024 - very good stuff:

Jerry Garcia - Garcia, 1972 1st solo album, last heard never:


Steely Dan - Gaucho, 1980 album, last heard 6/30/2024. I really like Steely Dan:

Jimmy Buffett - Son of a Son of a Sailor, 1978 album, last heard 1/23/2019. you know, Jimmy Buffett:

various - Son of Frat Rock!, 1988 compilation album, last heard never - FUN COLLECTION

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment