Tuesday, August 18, 2026

2026 Road Trip - Day 6

Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2026 - Down into Wisconsin, and visiting Door County! After waffles-at-the-Super-8, I Hit The Road. After 381 miles (and 38 Post Offices), I checked into the Super 8 in Green Bay, WI at 7:30 PM:

Sometimes the road is busy, sometimes it is not:

I crossed into Wisconsin just after 11 (Central Time Zone):

My sandal strap had pulled-out - I was BLESSED to find a wonderful Shoe Repair shop in Marinette, WI. It was 12:20 East Coast Time, so while he did the repair, I was able to use-my-phone-as-a-hot-spot and was able to do my spreadsheet-and-email responsibilities for Thursday Men's Breakfast (yes, I was able to post-his-store's-picture and give him a GREAT review):

I made my way around Green Bay, and was able to visit some old Cole-family haunts up in Deer Creek:

Ominous skies - before THE DOWNPOUR (at least I got a car wash):

I am fascinated that a town of 482 people has a Post Office:

Seeing as how THE ROAD ENDS AT LAKE MICHIGAN, I'm really glad they put a Stop Sign here:

I knew I was west, but I didn't think I was THAT FAR WEST:

There is some fun Wall-Art in these Wisconsin towns:

I checked into the Super 8 in Green Bay, WI at 7:30 PM:

Thank you God for another wonderful Adventure Day!

Music for today are albums that I have not heard before:

in this morning's hotel room - Bill Evans - Complete Fantasy Recordings (Disc 1), 1989 album, last heard never - excellent jazz trio:

On The Road: various - Pure '80s: #1s, 2006 compilation album, last heard never - GREAT collection!

1 Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
2 Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
3 Robert Palmer– - Addicted To Love
4 Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
5 Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
6 Steve Winwood– - Higher Love
7 Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
8 The Police - Every Breath You Take
9 Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Do)
10 Mike & The Mechanics - The Living Years
11 Bad English - When I See You Smile
12 Mr. Mister - Kyrie
13 Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
14 Men At Work - Down Under
15 Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
16 Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy
17 Michael Sembello - Maniac
18 Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)


various - Pure 80's Love, 2003 compilation album, last heard never - nice stuff, but needs thinning:


various - Released: The Human Rights Concerts (2 cds), released 2013 - last heard never - really good live versions (and covers). With a wonderful acoustic version of "No Surrender":

I want to sleep beneath
Peaceful skies in my lover's bed
With a wide open country in my eyes
And these romantic dreams in my head


various - Road Trips, 2001 compilation album, last heard never - 12 great songs, beginning with "Mustang Sally":

various - The Roots of Led Zeppelin, last heard never - real roots-and-blues music, plus some surprises (I love Joan Baez's 1962 live/folk version of "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You"):

various - The Rough Guide to Brazilian Lounge, 2009 compilation album, last heard never. Really Nice Music - I can't remember a single song (of 18 songs), but it is good to have on while driving while paying attention to The Road (or at a cocktail party):

various - Sounds Of The Eighties: 80's Blockbusters, 1999 compilation album, last heard never. fun collection:

various - Sounds Of The Eighties: 80's Pop Classics, 1999 compilation album, last heard 5/11/2022. another fun collection, but I think it is time to move on from the 80's:

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment