Saturday, Aug. 29, 2026 - Traveling through the National Forests, mountains, and valleys of Idaho - after 230 miles (and 11 Post Offices plus 1 closed one), I checked into the Super 8 - Grangeville, ID at 5 PM:
I started today where I finished yesterday - at Leon's for a GREAT BREAKFAST:
Less than 1 mile out of town, the road I was taking turned to dirt:
I'm sorry - does anyone know how to spell G-U-A-R-D-R-A-I-L-S ????
Up in Garden Valley, going over the Payette River:
I am driving down the Wildlife Canyon Scenic Byway, picking up trash, and getting "the money shot" of the Payette River:
On a Saturday in late-August, it is SO MUCH FUN driving along the river - there are kayaks, inner tubes, white-water raft trips, and just a lot of people out here in God's Creation enjoying life:
Driving north, the river is calm in some places, but it also has WILD spots:
So, I'm driving along, and all of a sudden it looks familiar. I say to myself "I've been here before, and THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE ROADS!". Sure enough, I drove up this same road on August 18, 2019 (read that blog here). It was great then, and it is great today.
BE CAREFUL - just north of McCall, a deer ran across in front of me:
Pretty Nice Post Office for a town of 91 people!
As you head north, the terrain get rougher, cumulating with going up over a high pass:
At 5 PM I checked into the Super 8 - Grangeville, ID:
WAIT - was it "5 PM" or "4 PM"? It turns out the the Northern part of Idaho is in the Western Time Zone, so I just got an extra hour!
Once again - Thank you God for this wonderful IDAHO Adventure Day!
Music for today - iPod ran out of power, so, while it was charging, the first 3 albums are from mp3 cd:
Cassandra Wilson - New Moon Daughter, 1995 album, last heard never - She is a very good jazz-vocalist, and I love her interpretations of pop songs (she has a couple on each album). To quote Wikipedia: The album reached No. 1 on the Billboard magazine jazz album chart and also won the Grammy Award as the Best Jazz Vocal Performance:
Joe Lovano - I'm All For You, 2004 album, last heard never - I like this album:
Charles Lloyd - Hyperion with Higgins, 2001 album, last heard never. Wow - I love his "Acoustic Masters I" album, but this one goes off the rails. Delete
Back to the iPod - various - AM Gold: The Mid-60's, 1995 compilation album, last heard never - 22 songs, only one of which needs to be deleted (Bobby Vinton - “There! I've Said It Again”). Track 5 (J. Frank Wilson And The Cavaliers - “Last Kiss”) is actually THE FIRST SONG I remember on the radio - a tale of teen tragedy, and true love!
various - Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (Guardians ...), 2014 compilation album, last heard in a blog never. Wiell, isn't this A LOT OF FUN:
various - Back To Mono (1958-1969)(cd 1), 1991 box set, last heard never. This is basically "Phil Spector's Greatest Hits", and his "Wall of Sound", and this cd1 is a nice collection of "oldies" (1958-1964):
various - Billboard Top Hits: 1981, 1992 compilation album, last heard never. Good songs, but only 10 of them:
Kim Carnes - “Bette Davis Eyes”
Rick Springfield - “Jessie's Girl”
Air Supply - “The One That You Love”
Blondie - “The Tide Is High”
Olivia Newton-John - “Physical”
Dolly Parton - “9 To 5”
Juice Newton - “Queen Of Hearts”
Daryl Hall & John Oates - “Kiss On My List”
Smokey Robinson - “Being With You”
Kool & The Gang - “Celebration”
Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

































No comments:
Post a Comment