Friday, August 14, 2026

2026 Road Trip - Day 2

Friday, Aug. 14, 2026 - Back in the Heartland of America! With all the stuff I wanted to do, I didn't leave the hotel until 9:30 AM, and checked into the Super 8 in Perrysburg, OH at 7:45 PM:
oh, and did I mention 37 Post Offices in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

The first beauty today is French Creek in northwest Pennsylvania:

I was happy to be driving non-Interstates for most of the day, but I was on I-79 South for an hour, and on I-80 West for a couple of hours:

Around 2 PM I stopped a a Roadside Store and got some peaches:

I saw some fun art in Greenville, PA and Fostoria, OH:

The sun is going down at the end of the day:

After 407 miles, I checked into the Super 8 in Perrysburg, OH:

It was fun having a parking space RIGHT OUTSIDE MY ROOM:

Thank you God for this wonderful Adventure Day!

Music for today:

in this morning's hotel room - Jim Hall & Pat Metheny - Jim Hall & Pat Metheny, 1999 album, last heard never. Wonderful jazz guitarists!

On The Road: David & David - Boomtown, 1986 debut (and only) album, last heard 8/29/2025:

The Rolling Stones - Between the Buttons, 1967 album, last heard never. Actually, it is not very good, so delete:


Al Stewart - Between the Wars, 1995 album, last heard 2/25/2023 - I like this album. Wonderful story-telling:

Bruce Cockburn - Big Circumstance, 1989 album, last heard 2/25/2023 - I like this album. Great musicianship:

John Cougar Mellencamp - Big Daddy, 1989 album, last heard 9/05/2025. Very good heartland-rock:

lyrics "Theo and Weird Henry"

Theo's out there living it up, doing a little earth shaking, somewhere
Henry sent a postcard from a better place
But I can see 'em both sitting there laughing and breathing
I can still see that smile on weird Henry's face


The Rascals - Time Peace, 1968 greatest hits album, last heard 8/23/2019. CLASSIC album:

The Pretenders - Learning To Crawl, 1984 3rd album, last heard 9/27/2021. Both studio-and-live version of "My City Was Gone" (Chrissie Hynde is from Ohio):

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Déjà Vu, 1970 album, last heard (in a blog) 5/13/2024 - for the song "Ohio". Oh, it isn't on this album:

Joni Mitchell - Ladies Of The Canyon, 1970 3rd album, last heard 7/09/2019. Sounds great out on the road:

Jethro Tull - This Was, 1968 debut album, last heard 9/08/2025. CLASSIC album:

The Doors - The Doors, 1967 debut album, last heard 8/24/2025. From "the End": Ride the highway west

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment