Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2026 - Traveling through Idaho - after 336 miles (and 11 Post Offices), I checked into the Redwood Cabins, Stanley, ID at 6:30 PM:
No need for a comparison-map. Bascially like driving from Boston to Albany:
In Rexburg I had to buy a new pair of sandals - worked out great.
Also in Rexburg I got a full tank of gas - becuse, you know, you never know:
When you find yourself driving OVER I-15 (which runs from Canada to Mexico), you are really OUT WEST:
Didn't I see this view in a car ad?:
Nice to be on the "Peaks To Craters Scenic Byway". "Scenic Byways" are routes that I seek out:
So - how does a town of 162 people get its own Post Office?
Going up the Sun Valley, through Ketchum, I had forgotten how awesome the mountains are:
I wanted to make sure I knew where I was for tomorrow's hike. It will begin at "4th of July Trailhead", up "4th of July Creek Road", which runs along "4th of July Creek"
I checked-in at Redwood Cabins, Stanley, ID at 6:30 PM. It has the Salmon River running right behind it:
Redwoods Cabins is a couple of miles down-river from Stanley, so I headed back into town for dinner and a sunset:
WOW - Thank you God for this wonderful IDAHO Adventure Day!
NOTE: No Blogs for the next few days, as I will be hiking in the White Cloud Wilderness:
Once again, Music for today are albums that I have not heard before (well, maybe I have heard some):
in this morning's hotel room - America - America, 1972 debut album, last heard 6/28/2024 - This album stands the test of time as something you can just put on and enjoy:
The Band - The Band, 1969 2nd album, last heard 9/23/2023 - good to hear this again:
On The Road: Steely Dan - A Decade of Steely Dan, 1985 compilation album, last heard never - I like Steely Dan a lot, and this collection has hard-to-get "FM (No Static at All)" (from the FM soundtrack, 1978):
Stevie Nicks - Timespace: The Best of Stevie Nicks, 1991 greatest hits album, last heard never - nice collection of her stuff:
Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Texas Flood, 1983 debut album, last heard in a blog never. Stevie Ray Vaughan does some pretty cool stuff, and I LOVE the song "Texas Flood"!
Stevie Wonder - Greatest Hits (Stevie Wonder), 1968 grestest hits album, last heard never:
Sting - The Best of 25 Years (3 songs live), 2011 compilation album, last heard never. I have all his albums, so this just has 3 live cuts: "Message in a Bottle”, “Demolition Man", and “Heavy Cloud No Rain":
Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair, 1985 debut album, last heard never. I recently ripped this album, and upon listening to it, I can delete it. The songs I like (and I really like them) are on their Greatest Hits cd ("Tears Fall Down"):
Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/





























No comments:
Post a Comment