Sunday, Aug. 30, 2026 - Traveling north through Idaho, leaving the National Forests, mountains, and rivers behind, in exchange for The High Plains - after 274 miles (and 21 Post Offices plus 1 closed one), I checked into the Super 8 - Coeur d'Alene, ID at 5 PM:
It is good to get laundry done every once in a while:
Yes, these are "The High Plains":
It reminds me of my favorite Clint Eastwood movie - "High Plains Drifter" (guess who likes to think of himself as the stranger who comes to town, and helps the townsfolk, and gets the girl?):
I like this shot:
I never thought to spell it that way:
The Clearwater River comes in from the east, and it encounters the Snake River (which had been flowing north, and was the boundary between Washington and Idaho). The Snake River is "the main river", and it flows west from here. At this rivers-intersection are the cities of Clarkston, Washington (on the left) and Lewiston, Idaho (on the right):
After grabbing a great sandwich at Jimmy John's in Lewiston (and Post Offices in both cities), I keep heading north, zig-zagging up some really big terrain. This is the view back down at the Clearwater coming in from the left, and the Snake coming up from the south, and the cities of Lewiston and Clarkston:
After zig-zagging across The State Line, it is nice to see an "Official Sign":
I'm glad to be on the "White Pine Scenic Byway":
I bet you thought Princeton and Harvard were farther (?further? ha ha - farther/further joke) apart:
Time to call "Maine Cabin Masters"!
At 5 PM I checked into the Super 8 - Coeur d'Alene, ID:
Once again - Thank you God for this wonderful IDAHO Adventure Day!
Music for today:
Hotel room - Father Tim Clayton - Sermon, Sunday August 16, 2026, Trinity North Shore:
Michael Jackson - Off The Wall, 1979 album, last heard 11/09/2020 - very good album. I still remember Jim L'Heureux introducing it to me:
Thievery Corporation - Saudade, 2014 album, last heard never. Very good - kind of electronica/trance/beach house vibe:
Time to hit The Road:
Work Money Death - People of The Fast Flowing River, 2024 album, last heard never. I first heard these guys (within the past year) on WHRB morning jazz show (The Jazz Spectrum), and I liked what I heard so much I bought their 3 albums on bandcamp. They have high energy, are very professional, and I like what they do with "classic riffs" and push it a little bit. Not "over the rails", but almost?
Wilson Pickett - The Very Best Of Wilson Pickett, 1993 greatest hits album, last heard in a blog never. With “In the Midnight Hour", "Land of 1000 Dances", "634-5789 (Soulsville, U.S.A.)", "Mustang Sally", and "Funky Broadway”, this is a dynamite album:
Vineyard Sound - The Keepers: 2012, 2012 a capella, last heard never. Excellent album by these guys - track 1 sounds like a "Reunion track" (and the crowd goes wild):
various - 80's Blockbusters, 2002 compilation album, last heard never. 18 great songs (which is how many can fit on a cd!):
various - You Really Got Me, DCD compilation, last heard in a blog never. This is 7 versions of The Kinks's song - 4 from The Kinks, 2 from Van Halen (studio & live), and 1 from Toots & The Maytels. I still want to get my hands on Mott The Hoople's version, from their first album:
Traffic - Mr. Fantasy, 1968 debut album, last heard in a blog 8/27/2025. These studio songs sound better than the live stuff from the other day. I have to resequence my album to match the original US release:
The Steve Miller Band - Number 5, 1970 fifth album, last heard 8/21/2019. This is #5 of the first 5 albums by The Steve Miller Band - I love all 5:
The Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup, 1973 album, last heard never. I was looking for "Now!", but its actual title is "The Rolling Stones, Now!", so that is for tomorrow. Goats Head Soup is actually a good album, and deserves a listen:
Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/





























No comments:
Post a Comment