Friday, September 30, 2022

2022 Fall Trip - Day 37/37 - 9/30/2022

Friday, Sept. 30, 2022 - THE FINAL DAY - HEADING HOME:

You know the drill by now - up and at em. Shower, shave, and shine. Coffee, breakfast, computer work, and hit the road:

I should be sliding through on the back-side of rush hour. I crossed the New Jersey line at 8:19

I always try to have time for a "Scenic Overlook":

Going north, I hit New York state line at 9:29

It is always cool going over the Hudson River
and, just in case, I keep looking down:

We want "NORTH", not "SOUTH":

Which takes me into Connecticut at 9:58
Oh - by the way, The Bruce Museum in Greenwich, CT opens at 10:
Although The Museum is under renovation:
The front looks quite lovely:

They currently only have their "Rock Exhibits" on display:

They will be finished with the renovations in March 2023 (less than 6 months!), and I'm definitely coming back. For this museum, I had written:

Winslow Homer’s watercolors "Boy on Dock" (1873) and "Fishergirls Coiling Tackle" (1881)
Andrew Wyeth’s watercolor "Cape May" (1992). “Refuge” by Andrew Wyeth
"Sheepskin" (1973), from his famous Helga series, and "The Huntress" (1978)
Edward Hopper’s "Two Comedians" (1966). A second Hopper oil, "Bridle Path" (1939)
Childe Hassam, including "Rainy Day on the Avenue" (1893) and "The White Dory" (1895)
John Singer Sargent’s superb oil "Girl Fishing" (1913)
Multiple bronzes by Henry Moore
an extremely rare Blue Period watercolor by Pablo Picasso, "Le Guitariste" (Guitar Player, 1903)

As The Allman Brothers titled their first compilation album: The Road Goes On Forever:

I wanted to tuck another State under my belt, so I hit Rhode Island at 12:13

Don't blink - that's Providence off to my right at 12:55

And I swooped into Massachusetts at 1:04

Route 128 was easy, and the final song of my trip, at 2:44
338 miles today - 9,176 miles total over 37 days, in 24 separate states (that's 1/2 of the Lower-48!)! I did 19 Awesome Hikes, saw 28 Museums, plus a lot of Waterfalls and Scenic Highways/Byways - Thank You GOD for ALL THESE GREAT ADVENTURES!!!!

And THANK YOU for coming along for the ride!

Music for today:

Hans Zimmer - The Last Samurai, 2003 soundtrack:
actually, good classical music

Mogwai - Happy Songs For Happy People, 2003 fourth album:
good - textured music

Taylor Swift - Speak Now: World Tour Live, 2011 first live album:
a lot of energy - I still want to see her do that thing with her hair that she did at the piano at The Grammys.

Stephane Wrembel - Introducing Stephane Wrembel, 2002:
very good acoustic guitar music

Samite Of Uganda - Dance My Children, Dance, 1990:
good - pre-Paul Simon's "Rhythm of the Saints"

Paul Simon - Rhythm Of The Saints, 1990:

and you already know how the day ends:

No comments:

Post a Comment