Monday, September 19, 2022

2022 Fall Trip - Day 26/37 - 9/19/2022

Monday, Sept. 19, 2022 - Wendy flies home, and I move through New Mexico:

We had a Great Breakfast at the Range Cafe:

I dropped Wendy off at the Albuquerque Int’l Sunport:

And I headed SOUTH on I-25:

In San Antonio, New Mexico, take a left onto US-380 East:

The road I was originally going to take (continuing on US-380 East, allowing hiking in Lincoln National Forest) was closed in Carrizozo, so I had to take a right and head down to Tularosa. It give me to opportunity to take a great mountains-and-railroad picture:

So, I'm heading east, and I'm not a fan of the weather in front of me:

I don't like "hiking in the rain" (well, at least "Beginning a Hike in the rain"). So I'm just going to head up to "Windy Point Vista Point of Interest" - the road up is REALLY COOL:

I wound up driving all the way to Ski Apache:

Fun view on the way back down:

Yes, I did run into RAIN:

And it did kind-of-clear as I came into Roswell, New Mexico:

On my way to the Super 8, I got an oil change:

I checked in to the Super 8 Roswell, New Mexico at 4:17

I was able to watch "my storm" on tv (Ruidoso and Capitan):

Great Way to end a Great Day:

Thank You GOD for these wonderful adventures (and a wonderful car to get me through them)!

Music for today:

various artists - Summer Solstice 2, 1998:

various artists - The Concert For New York City (2 cds), 2002
Highlights include:

David Bowie – "America", "Heroes"
Billy Joel – "Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)", "New York State of Mind"
Eric Clapton and Buddy Guy – "Hoochie Coochie Man"
The Who – "Who Are You", "Baba O'Riley", "Behind Blue Eyes", "Won't Get Fooled Again"
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards – "Salt of the Earth", "Miss You"
James Taylor – "Fire and Rain", "Up on the Roof"
Elton John – "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters"

This concert was when The Who kicked-it-up-a-notch, and rediscovered their heritage and passion!

various artists - Curves Cardio 39, 2007:

Don't Stop The Music
Papa Was A Rolling Stone
Go Your Own Way
I'm Gonna Be
Searchin' For The Golden Eye
Move On Up

various artists - Divas Exotica, 2007:

various artists - Legacy: A Collection Of New Folk Music, 1989:

various artists - Meadowlark Sampler 1985, 1985:

various artists - No Strings - Original Broadway Cast, 1962:

lousy, except for the song "Maine".

No comments:

Post a Comment