Tuesday, September 27, 2022

2022 Fall Trip - Day 34/37 - 9/27/2022

Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2022 - Going up the Blue Ridge Parkway today:
The top map gives you a look at the terrain, but you can see the town names in the bottom map.

I'm getting smarter - I checked the National Park Service website for the Blue Rige Parkway, and learned about road-closure/detour (rock slides) in Roanoke, VA (on my route!):
I figure as long as they have signs, I should be ok.

Hey, this is MY KIND OF ROAD:

I have my work cut out for me:

It is a lovely day this Tuesday morning:

My first stop is at the "Linville Falls" area:

The Linville River is a short walk from the 1st parking area:

I then drove down to the "Visitor Center" for my Real Hike - 2.24 miles in a little less than an hour:
The first stop is "Upper Falls Overlook":
A little farther down the trail is "Chimney View Overlook" (you can see the Upper Falls in the background):
See the people:
with a Great View downriver:

I finished my hike, and headed up the road (hey, "going north" = "up"). Next stop is Julian Price Memorial Park, with "Price Lake":
(Sorry, no time to do "Price Lake Trail")

In Glenwood Springs I had to take a detour through Laurel Springs:
As I have told my kids, any time you get the chance to take a road with the word "Parkway" in its name, grab it!

Some wonderful sights along the road:

I got kicked off The Parkway for the "Roanoke Detour" at 3:30. Since I was currently going through Bent Mountain, Virginia, and I was meeting Peggy and Norm at Blue Mountain Brewery in Afton, VA at 6, and I figured I might as well stay on "The Main Roads":
(meaning North on I-81 and East on I-64):

367 miles today - Well, DIDN'T THAT WORK OUT GREAT!

Thank You GOD for this Great "Blue Ridge Parkway" (plus Friends) Day!

Music for today:

various artists - The Best Acoustic Album In The World... Ever, 2005 double album:

William Ackerman - Conferring with the Moon: Pieces for Guitar, 1986 excellent new age music:

Westminster Cathedral Choir - Victoria: O Quam Gloriosum, 1984:

W.G. "Snuffy" Walden - Music by W.G. Snuffy Walden, 2001 acoustic music:

The Vineyard Sound - VII: Solstice, 2003:
Well, isn't that A LOT OF FUN!!!

Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra - Elgar: Enigma Variations, 2006:
Just another classical album - delete

various artists - 51 Must Have Modern Worship Hits, 2007:
keep some, delete some

No comments:

Post a Comment