Friday, September 2, 2022

2022 Fall Trip - Day 10/42 - 9/03/2022

Saturday, Sept. 3, 2022 - Day Two of 2 days hiking the west side of Rocky Mountain National Park:

Kremmling, Colorado is not a big town (the Subway closes at 7 PM), but the roads are paved, they have a good Super 8, and Market. They also have a really cool butte that marks the north side of town:
The view from the school's parking lot:

After my morning drive, the town just outside the West Entrance to The Park is Grand Lake:

You can see the valley where I'm going to hike today:
Although Grand Lake is outside The Park, the trail and trailhead are inside The Park Boundary:
I will be hiking up to Lake Verna today.

Another Beautiful Day in Colorado:

I skipped Adams Falls going up because the sun would be better on it/them this afternoon. I reached East Meadow 25 minutes into the hike:
I was able to kid folks about "The next cover of National Geographic":
I kept heading up:

3 hours into the hike, I reached Lone Pine Lake:

Beautiful view looking back down on Lone Pine Lake:

Keep going up:

Until I reached Lake Verna:

I walked around to the top of The Lake:

And a nice couple took my picture:
(I wonder if there are any "Wicked Tuna" in that Lake?)

I continued up, until I had crossed my 8-mile mark. I photographed the rock-slide, and turned around:

Beauty going back down:

A rain-shower came through as I was passing Lone Pine Lake:

But don't worry - the sun came out:

Today's hike up East Inlet Trail was 15.62 miles in 7 hours 38 minutes:

I hope RTLHUM had as much fun with Rocky Mountain National Park as I did:

THANK YOU GOD for all these great Rocky-Mountain-National-Park Hiking/Adventure Days!

Music for today:

the morning drive - The National - Sleep Well Beast, 2017 seventh album:

the afternoon drive - various artists - Only Rock 'N Roll: 1960-1964:

I listen to music the hotel rooms, when I write this stuff and plan adventures. Today I finished the 9-cd set:

Bill Evans - Complete Fantasy Recordings (9 cds):
I listen to cd #2 more often than almost any other cd, jazz or anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment