Sunday, September 11, 2022

2022 Fall Trip - Day 18/37 - 9/11/2022

Sunday, Sept. 11, 2022 - Wendy comes to town today, so I have to figure out what to do until I pick her up at 7:31 PM:

It is nice to get up to beauty:

Bye Bye Rodeway Inn in Leadville - thanks for the great adventures:

Today's "Scenic Byway" is Top of the Rockies:

It is always nice to see Camp Hale Pond:

Great Views on my way up to I-70:

I got to Vail - I'm not a big fan of "the Vail thing":
But they do have GREAT VIEWS:

Off the Interstate, I quickly got onto a dirt road, following a guy who maybe should not have been on the dirt road:
but that gave me the opportunity to stop and take pictures:

I arrived at Piney River Ranch a little after 1 PM:
The Ranch Road is how you walk up to Piney Lake:

After there, I headed back down the dirt road, and onto I-70 East. That worked out great ... for a while:

I got down to Denver:
I reached the Denver Art Museum at 4:25 PM

Pretty Cool Interior Architecture:

And they do have some wonderful pieces:

Claude Monet - "The Seine near Giverny (La Seine près de Giverny)", 1885 oil:

Jasper Cropsey - "Chenango River, North of Sherburne", 1858 oil:

Thomas Moran - "Indian Pueblo of Laguna, New Mexico", 1905 oil:

Albert Bierstadt - "Estes Park, Longs Peak", 1877 oil:

I got kicked out at 5 PM:

I headed out of town, to the Denver Airport:

I filled up with gas, and got a car wash:

Wendy landed, and I picked her up a little before 8 PM, and we checked into the Super 8 in Henderson at 8:40

Thank You GOD for this GREAT Adventure-and-Art Day, and for getting my wife out here safe-and-sound!

Music for today:

various artists - MTV Party To Go, Vol. 9, 1996:

various artists - Guitar Rock 1972-1973:
Actually, a very good collection!

various artists - Narada Collection 1, 1988:
Perfect for driving on dirt roads through Colorado forests.

various artists - North African Groove, 2006:

various artists - Bridge School Concerts Vol. 1, 2006:

Rickie Lee Jones - Live At Red Rocks, 2014:
Since I was driving through Denver, I have to listen to Red Rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment