Friday, September 16, 2022

2022 Fall Trip - Day 23/37 - 9/16/2022

Friday, Sept. 16, 2022 - Wendy and I visit in Ridgway and Ouray. It is a beautiful start to the day:

The four of us went up to Ridgway State Park for a nice hike around Ridgway Reservoir, which is built on the Uncompahgre River:

We wound up hiking 2.36 miles:

After a nice lunch back at the house:
we headed up into the mountains around Ouray:

It turns out that we are driving part of the San Juan Skyway:
and this section is specifically referred to as The Million Dollar Highway

Since I am in the passenger seat, I'm just taking in the views:

I have never realized HOW HAIRY it is riding in the passenger seat:

We stopped at an overlook that "the locals" had never visited - Bear Creek Falls:

In Ouray we stopped in at the Columbine Mineral Shop, where I bought a piece of "SODALITE BRAZIL SMALL PIECES":

Back at the house, I gave the Crosstrek a good car wash:
Thank you Tom and Debbie for the water.

and the soap.

and the sponge.

and the rags!!!

A Beautiful Close to a Beautiful Day:

WOW - Thank You GOD for Family and Friends and Wonderful Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment