Sunday, September 25, 2022

2022 Fall Trip - Day 32/37 - 9/25/2022

Sunday, Sept. 25, 2022 - Some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains Nat’l Park, plus views and waterfalls:
The top map gives you a look at the terrain, but you can see the town names in the bottom map.

Heading up into The Mountains:

Just in case people want to know where I am:

My first hike today is the Boogerman Trail:
Looks like a Subaru convention:
You start out over a nice bridge:

You go through the woods, alongside Caldwell Fork (it is actually "Caldwell Fork Trail", and "Boogerman Trail" is a loop off it)!

After 22 minutes/9-10ths of a mile, you reach the intersection and head off to the left for 3.8 miles:

A very nice trail, going off into the woods:
with, eventually, some cool stone walls in the middle of nowhere:
But I guess it was "somewhere" for somebody, once upon a time.

I started at 10:23 - 2 hours later I was back down on "Caldwell Fork Trail":
which is where I encountered the-first-of-multiple-stream-crossings:
so I took off my hiking-boots-and-socks and put on my Merrills:
Looking upstream:
looking downstream:
I had read about "keeping on my sandals", so I kept on my Merrills. I kept crossing Caldwell Fork, many times. The current kept building, and the views kept being wonderful:

I was alone in the parking lot when I finished at 1:40 - 7.69 miles in 3 hours 15 minutes:

I'd had enough, so I headed back down to civilization:

I don't know what's going on on I-40, but it sure is busy on a Sunday afternoon:

I made a mistake in yesterday's blog - my 2-night stay begins tonight in Marion, North Carolina - 6:26 PM - 133 miles driving today:

Thank You GOD for this wonderful Blue Ridge Hiking Day!

Music for today:

The Muppets - Muppet Beach Party, 1993:
I LOVE THIS ALBUM!

various artists - August Rush, 2007 soundtrack:
very good movie; interesting soundtrack

Sweetback - Sweetback, 1996 debut album:
smooth soul jazz - no wonder I like them - they are Sade's band!!!

Suicide - First Album [Disc 1], 1977 debut album:
perfect music to be stuck in traffic.

The Killers - Day & Age, 2008 third album:

The Killers - Live From The Royal Albert Hall, 2009 live album:
since I had a couple of "The Killers" to listen to, I just pulled up
Artist = "The Killers" on my iPod and just pushed play:
I only have one song from "Day & Age" - "Human"
Then on my "Just Dance" cd, there is a remix of "Human"
then 10 cuts from "Live From The Royal Albert Hall"
then "Smile Like You Mean It" from "Music from the O.C.: Mix 2"
then a remix of "Spaceman" on "NOW That's What I Call Club Hits"

All in all, an excellent way to close the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment