Tuesday, September 6, 2022

2022 Fall Trip - Day 13/37 - 9/06/2022

Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2022 - kind of a rest day, after all that has gone before. A nice little hike in "Thompson Creek Trail" ("Explore this 2.3-mile out-and-back trail near Carbondale, Colorado. Generally considered an easy route, it takes an average of 52 min to complete."):
and it looks like a nice easy drive:
How hard could it be to find - I mean, they are roads, and roads have signs, right?

My hotel looks great in the morning light:

I really like these 2-night-stays - I get to really relax in each location and not do the whole unpack-pack thing.

On very easy timing, I hit the road. These two pictures were taken at 10:16 AM - I guess everyone is back at work after the Labor Day Weekend:

I think that is the area (down in the valley) for my hike:

So you know that part about "road signs" - well, I missed my turn-off, but it was still kind-of-cool heading down these dirt roads:

Once I entered the forest, I figured I needed to turn around - for some reason, I was able to pull up Google Maps and saw that I was down the wrong road from "Thompson Creek Campground":

After I turned around and started driving back out, a small black bear jumped onto the road, running in front of me. I gave it plenty of distance, because where there is a "small black bear", generally there is a "large mother black bear" nearby. After a couple of dozen yards, he disappeared back into the woods, and I went back out and found "the right road":

I started my hike at 11:38

Very pretty hike through the woods, alongside the creek:

You break-out once in a while and see the sandstone, under a cloudless blue sky:

Nice little creek:

I hiked 1.13 miles to the end of the trail, and then came back. The 2.26 miles took 1 hour 18 minutes - a nice lille outing:

Iconic Colorado scenes on my way back to town:

The view outside the back of my hotel:

And guess who had a healthy dinner:

Thank you GOD for this wonderful day!

Music for today:

Al Stewart - Zero She Flies / Orange - this is a cd-repackaging of his 3rd and 4th albums (1970 and 1972, respectively), before he "hit it big" in 1973 with "Past, Present and Future":
A nice collection of songs.

Keith Jarrett - Belonging, 1974 jazz quartet:
I didn't really enjoy listening to this in the car (so it is off the iPod), but it is on my computer, and actually was enjoyable back in the room.

Keith Jarrett - Vienna Concert, recorded 1991, released 1992:

No comments:

Post a Comment