Wednesday, August 14, 2019

August 2019 - Day 7/21

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - Pinedale, Wyoming to Sun Valley, Idaho today - (385 miles):


45° when I went out for breakfast. After 3 days up in the mountains, it's good to be on the road again:


Going alongside the Hoback River is a thing of beauty (looking forward):

(looking backward):


Still in Wyoming, on Hwy 89, going alongside the Snake River, with its rafting companies:




I crossed over into Idaho:

Pretty nice view of Palisades Reservoir (into which the Snake River drains).

a couple more pics of this beautiful reservoir:


plus a side-cove which is the drainage from Big Elk Creek:


Hey, don't worry, I'm not "on the bridge":


A rest-area:

offers a great view of the Snake River:


I know I've been through Iowa and Nebraska, but they also have a lot of farmland out here in Idaho:



US-26 West (which I have been on since the Idaho border) is my NEW FAVORITE ROAD!

It does get hot out on the road:


I do like these wide-open spaces (looking forward):

(looking backward):


I tried a little "special effects" picture:


I'm sorry, but if I'm DRIVING RIGHT BY IT, how can I not visit the Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve:

I did the Craters Loop Drive, and it is an unbelievably desolate piece of landscape:




An hour-and-a-half later, I was at Uncle Reuben's place in Sun Valley, Idaho (well, Cindy's uncle, not mine):


Because I was running later, I dodged missed the Classical Music Concert (Mozart tonight); so I had to have chili and a chocolate milkshake down in Ketchum :


I feel asleep in the downstairs bedroom listening to the babbling brook behind the house:


On today's drive, I crossed under I-15 twice - that means I'm pretty far West. Wow - Idaho is pretty great! Thank you God for this wonderful adventure day!

By the time I hit the road this morning, it was warm enough for windows-down/tunes-on:

Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes - I Don't Want to Go Home, 1976 debut album

(as for the title - maybe yes, maybe no)

U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, 1987 cd single


Steve Martin - Let's Get Small, 1977 live album


Gordon Lightfoot - Back Here on Earth, 1968

the album's last song "If I Could" still gives me chills, like it did when I was 16.

Joe Jackson - Look Sharp!, 1979 debut album


Rod Stewart - Never a Dull Moment, 1972

sounded so good, I listened twice!

lyrics: "Italian Girls"

'Til I was gone with the morning sun on my back

(um, that means he was Heading West)

Paul Simon - One-Trick Pony, 1980


Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel, 1977 debut album


No comments:

Post a Comment