Tuesday, August 13, 2019

August 2019 - Day 6/21 Wind River Range (3/3)

Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2019 - Day 3/3 in the Wind River Range + spend the night back in Pinedale (today's hike in yellow; some of my other hikes in red):



Up at sunrise, which is about 7:15

Good Morning To You, "Little Seneca Lake":


After hiking for a half-hour, looking back and seeing tents:


Looking forward at (big/main) Seneca Lake:

and a few minutes later, looking back over it to the mountains:


About 9 AM - I HATE CLIMBING UP WHEN I'M GOING DOWN:


I don't know what's going on, but just as I finished that last ascent, I saw a hen!!



What are you doing up here? (or maybe it's a grouse?)

Some nice views heading down:





Looking down a valley I had to cross:

on the path(s) in the valley:

up in the woods on the other side, looking back up the valley:


Can you see the hikers?


And finally looking back from almost the top of the ridge:


Cool Stuff:


And it is always a pleasure being at Photographers Point:





It is nice hitting the open areas:


There was an amazing amount of horse-manure on all the trails. It was disgusting.

(or maybe I'm blaming the wrong animal?)

I finished the hike mid-afternoon. I took note of license plates - last September there were 16 states, but this time I counted 33 states (plus Ontario, Canada)! I started my car (to charge the iPhone), saved my MapMyWalk, and head down the road:


Cheeseburger at Wind River Brewery, more SyFy channel, blogging, and pizza later. Thank you God for these Beautiful Places, and for giving me the body that allows me to get out and explore!

Having said that, these 3 days really wiped me out. I don't know if it is because
- these mountains ARE HARD (they are),
- I'm another year older and maybe not in excellent shape (maybe),
- I'm disgusted with all the horse-manure on all the trails,
- I don't like sleeping in a tent,
- my trail food is lousy.

Anyway, I just want to do day-hikes, at least for the remainder of this trip. So this Tuesday afternoon/evening, a lot of work was spent figuring out my next steps. Stay Tuned.

Driving Music was only one album today:

Billy Joel - Glass Houses, 1980 (side 2)


No comments:

Post a Comment