Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2026 - West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. The last "Long Day" - after 11-and-1/2 hours, 486 miles (and 35 Post Offices), I checked into the Days Inn in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania at 8:30 PM:
The 35 Post Offices cover from New York to Boston:
I have to tell you - driving the twisty-turny roads of West Virginia KILLS MY MILAGE!
Nice Wall-Art in Harrisville, West Virginia:
OK - in Pennsboro, West Virginia, I encountered "The Legendary Pennsboro Speedway" - a very nicely groomed grass/dirt track. Imagine the excitement! (and THE DANGER!!)
Clarksburg, West Virginia (2020 Census: 16,061) is a happening place; and where I was able to have lunch:
Oh - maybe there is another way to get around this Great Country of Ours:
I entered Maryland a little after 2 PM:
And entered Pennsylvania (on a "Blue Highway") 30 minutes later:
Nice countryside:
I got my last Post Office at 5:20. Time to hit-the-Interstates (I-76, I-99, I-80, I-81):
After 486 miles, I checked into the Days Inn in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania at 8:30 PM (outside photo from the next morning):
Thank you God for this wonderful WEST VIRGINIA-MARYLAND-PENNSYLVANIA Adventure Day!
Music for today:
In the Hotel Room:
various - Narada Lotus Acoustic Sampler 5, 1994 compilation album, last heard in a blog never. Very nice "New Age" music:
Time to hit The Road:
Rod Stewart - The Definitive Rod Stewart (2 cds), 2008 compilation album, last heard in a blog 3/11/2017. Excellent Collection, spanning his solo years (i.e. missing his work with The Jeff Beck Group and The Faces):
The Lumineers - Inside, 2016 2nd album, last heard 3/11/2017 - I like this album and listened to it twice
The Airborne Toxic Event - All At Once, 2011 2nd album, last heard never - still getting to know this band:
Then my inner-dj appeared. The next 8 albums are all "2nd Albums":
Jethro Tull - Stand Up, 1969 2nd album, last heard in a blog 9/10/2025 - Sounds Great:
The Doors - Strange Days, 1967 2nd album, last heard in a blog 2/23/2023 - also Sounds Great
Cream - Disraeli Gears, 1967 2nd album, last heard in a blog 5/30/2024 - of course it Sounds Great:
Hey, it wasn't that long ago - lyrics "Tales of Brave Ulysses"
And you see a girl's brown body
Dancing through the turquoise
And her footprints make you follow
Where the sky loves the sea
And when your fingers find her
She drowns you in her body
Carving deep blue ripples
In the tissues of your mind
Paul McCartney - Ram, 1971 2nd solo album, last heard in a blog 8/15/2025 - Hey, this is FUN:
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II, 1969 2nd album, last heard in a blog 9/22/2022. Some "2nd albums" are easier to keep track of:
Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin' Simon, 1973 2nd album, last heard in a blog 2/6/2020 - Sounds Great:
Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle, 1973 2nd album, last heard in a blog 8/23/2023. Yes, this is my favorite album.
John Mayer - Heavier Things, 2003 2nd album, last heard in a blog 10/17/2024 - also Sounds Great:
Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/



























No comments:
Post a Comment