Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2026 - East into The Plains of Montana, then north into Canada - WIDE OPEN COUNTRY! After 432 miles (and 20 Post Offices), I checked into the Super 8 in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada at 8 PM:
20 Post Offices. The "comparison map" shows the area extends from New York City to Portsmouth, NH:
Breakfast at Buffalo Cafe in Whitefish:
Hey - I'm picking up Wendy tomorrow! Got to get a CAR WASH!
I drove along the south-side of Glacier National Park, and there is a beautiful spot where Bear Creek runs into the Middle Fork Flathead River:
I found myself traveling alongside Amtrak's Empire Builder, which runs between Chicago and the Pacific Northwest:
Say GOODBYE to The Mountains:
and HELLO to The Plains:
Looks like "some weather is movin' in":
It is nice to get My Own Private Escort Vehicle:
Once again - "No problem with the neighbors.":
Up until now, I had dodged "train crossing problems":
I entered Canada at 4:15
I don't know - looks a lot like the Montana Plains, except for the occasional DINOSAUR!
BIG weather came through, with huge winds:
At 8 PM I checked into the Super 8 in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada:
Thank you God for this wonderful MONTANA and CANADA Adventure Day!
Music for today:
Hotel room - Acoustic Alchemy - The Beautiful Game, 2000 album, last heard 2/27/2017. Nice new-age music:
Time to hit The Road:
various - Vietnam: Songs From The Divided House, 2001 double-album, last heard never. 33 songs (and speech clips) from that era. Interestingly, the only place I have found "The Ballad of the Green Berets" by Barry Stadler, which hit #1 for 5 weeks in early 1966. Also in this collection are "War" (by Edwin Starr) and "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire, which has some of my favorite lyrics:
Ah, you may leave here for four days in space
But when you return, it's the same old place
The poundin' of the drums, the pride and disgrace
You can bury your dead, but don't leave a trace
Hate your next door neighbor but don't forget to say grace
Bonnie Raitt - Give It Up, 1972 2nd album, last heard in a blog 10/17/2024. At breakfast this morning, I heard a man say his wife and a girlfriend went down to Missoula over the weekend to see Bonnie Raitt. Big smile on my face because I remember seeing Bonnie for the first time at Penn's Irvine Auditorium (with Little Feat) March 30, 1973. You Go Girl!
various - British Invasion (3 cds), this is actually 50 songs that I put together from various "British Invasion" cds, last heard never. FUN:
various - Back To Mono (1958-1969)(cd 2), 1991 compilation album, last heard never. Great oldies, with this cd ending with "Walking in the Rain" by The Ronettes:
And once I am in Canada, it is time for Canadian artists:
Neil Young - Lucky Thirteen, 1993 compilation album, last heard never. His "Geffen years":
Bryan Adams - Reckless, 1984 album, last heard 6/23/2024. Great Album!
Robbie Robertson - Robbie Robertson, 1987 debut solo album, last heard 6/29/2024. After The Band, he emerged with this GREAT ALBUM - supporting musicians include U2 and Peter Gabriel:
The Band - Stage Fright, 1970 3rd album, last heard never. With Levon Helm being the only American, the other 4 members were Canadian:
Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

































No comments:
Post a Comment