Monday, Sept. 7, 2026 - Rain had us cancel the Boat Ride on Waterton Lake, and the rain forced the closure of Going-to-the-Sun Road. Instead, we saw Cameron Lake in Waterton, and then drove all the way around Glacier National Park! After 171 miles, Wendy and I checked into the Cedar Creek Lodge in Columbia Falls, Montana at 3:30 PM:
The first stop today was breakfast at Lakeside Chophouse, just down the street:
Don't worry - I DID NOT finish all my chocolate-chip pancakes!
Because it was raining, we just didn't want to do a Boat Ride. Instead, we checked out, and I drove us up to Cameron Lake (might as well explore Waterton Lakes National Park while we are here):
Lovely stream/cascades on our way up to The Lake:
Up at Cameron Lake it is all spooky and mysterious:
Wendy wanted me to take this "long shot" of trees-up-on-the-ridge:
We crossed back into THE U.S.A. at 11:30
We bought sandwiches in St. Mary, Montana before crossing into Glacier National Park:
I just wanted to confirm that The Going-To-The-Sun Road was closed because of rain-damage. It was.
So we took the road south-and-around to get to our hotel. It still provided wonderful beauty:
This detour provided me the opportunity to show Wendy the spot that I encountered last Wednesday - the intersection of Bear Creek and the Middle Fork Flathead River:
We checked-in at the Cedar Creek Lodge in Columbia Falls, Montana at 3:30 PM:
We had a great dinner in Columbia Falls, then I got to watch The NFL Film of the Patriots 2017 season, culminating with their wonderful come-from-behind overtime-win over the Atlanta Falcons. Great way to have Sweet Dreams! Thank you God for this wonderful CANADA and MONTANA Adventure Day!
Music for today:
Time to hit The Road:
Gabriel Lee - Impressions, 1985 album, last heard in a blog never. Very nice acoustic guitar pieces, perfect for driving up mountain roads in the rain:
Hey, because we are headed Back To The U.S.A. - Linda Ronstadt - Living in the USA, 1978 album, last heard 9/26/2019 - This hit #1 on the Billboard Album Chart (and it sounds great!):
Because she sounds so nice - Linda Ronstadt - Greatest Hits 1 & 2, 2007 Greatest Hits album, last heard 8/28/2021. Wonderful collection:
various - AM Gold 1967, 1994 compilation album, last heard in a blog never. 22 SONGS - I guess when you have 20 songs that are 3 minutes 3 secods in length (OR LESS), you can pack a lot onto a cd!
back in the hotel room - Van Morrison - Poetic Champions Compose, 1987 album, last heard never. Wow - very nice-sounding album, but even after hearing it twice, I can't remember a single song or melody (but I'm still glad I have it):
Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/





















No comments:
Post a Comment